• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Write up on our undrafted FA

scpanther22

Really? Cause I don't recall seeing Barnidge on the field at all except special teams.

Same thing with Jeff King his rookie year and Rosario his rookie year as well. Fox always red shirts his rookie TE's then they get them more involved the year after. Barnidge is almost certain to move ahead of Rosario on the debth chart this year and there is a decent chance Rosario will be cut.

Same thing with Jeff King his rookie year and Rosario his rookie year as well. Fox always red shirts his rookie TE's then they get them more involved the year after. Barnidge is almost certain to move ahead of Rosario on the debth chart this year and there is a decent chance Rosario will be cut.
this is one area that fox really does sit the rookies or make them take a back seat. rosario got more action his rookie year because of what he could do in the passing game but last year after the first couple games he saw a pretty significant drop in opportunities. i'm looking for stats on the year but as of week 14 he had 6 false starts which was the most for any non-oline player in the league. i think he screwed up some blocking assignments as well.

i think king is pretty set as the #1 but i see a pretty open competition between barnidge and rosario. i don't see them cutting either one outright. i could see a trade for rosario happening, though.

• 1 month later...

this is one area that fox really does sit the rookies or make them take a back seat. rosario got more action his rookie year because of what he could do in the passing game but last year after the first couple games he saw a pretty significant drop in opportunities. i'm looking for stats on the year but as of week 14 he had 6 false starts which was the most for any non-oline player in the league. i think he screwed up some blocking assignments as well.

i think king is pretty set as the #1 but i see a pretty open competition between barnidge and rosario. i don't see them cutting either one outright. i could see a trade for rosario happening, though.

It wouldn't suprise me if Brock is being groomed to be King's eventual replacement, since he'll be a unrestricted FA next year. If Brock can develop and benefits from a year on the PS, he could be an upgrade to King with his blocking and receiving ability. He could be an Antonio Gates-type TE for us if the coaching staff takes the time to develop him and help him reach his enomorous potential.

Archived