• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anybody else going/been to Chicago?

hbkp999

Two of us are going this week and sitting in Section 120. Picked a good year to make multiple road trips; nonetheless, looking forward to seeing a game in Chicago. Any other Panther fans going to meet up with possibly? If not, I've never been to Soldier Field so any information is helpful.

I'm there this week for work but am not staying for the game. Awesome city. Bears fans are assholes. They poisoned a Steeler fan at Kitty O'Sheas with battery acid after a preseason game a few years back. While I agree that Steeler fans should be abused, I think poisoning them into a coma is a little extreme. So many good things to eat, see, and do in Chicago it's not even worth listing them.

I live in the area but the atmosphere at that stadium is toxic. I would never go to a game again.

From the sounds of it, I'll love the city and not want to be a visiting fan.....oh well. If you guys see somebody in the corner wearing a Kuechly jersey and getting his ass beat, say a quick prayer

From the sounds of it, I'll love the city and not want to be a visiting fan.....oh well. If you guys see somebody in the corner wearing a Kuechly jersey and getting his ass beat, say a quick prayer

Ha!...You'll have the last laugh as you exit the stadium, after watching Medlock nail the game winner!

There are a few things working in your favor. The Panthers suck so the fans might take pity on you. We gave them Peppers. We pose no threat to them in the division. Shouldn't be all that bad.

Two of us are going this week and sitting in Section 120. Picked a good year to make multiple road trips; nonetheless, looking forward to seeing a game in Chicago. Any other Panther fans going to meet up with possibly? If not, I've never been to Soldier Field so any information is helpful.

I will be making my first trip to Chicago and will be at the game with 3 of my friends in section 155.

Hello Panther Fans! As you can tell by the screen name, I'm a diehard Bears fan that's lived in Chicago for all of my life. What you guys have been saying is true. The city is beautiful anytime but the winter. Some sights that I would advise an out-of-towner to visit are Navy Pier, Sears (willis) Tower, Wrigley Field, Musuem of Science and Industry, Shedd Aquarium, Crown fountain and the Silver Bean, the Magnificent Mile (a stretch of 3,100,000 square feet of high-end stores, fine restaurants, and some of the best hotels in the nation), or if you want a peaceful stroll, just take a walk down the lakeshore (It's easily one of the most beautiful lakeshores in the country with the downtown skyline to the west, and gorgeous Lake Michigan to the east).

Some neighborhoods to stick around for the most fun would be Wrigleyville, Lincoln Park, Belmont Avenue, and Wicker Park/ Bucktown. All of these places have some great bars or just awesome atmospheres if you're not really into drinking.

And of course, Chicago is known for it's not-so-healthy food. Whenever visitors come to Chicago I tell them they have to gain at least 10 pounds before they leave. I would highly recommend trying some Italian Beef, Chicago style hotdogs (please for the love of God, do NOT ask for ketchup!), deep dish pizza, Italian/Polish Sausage, Steak, and Ribs.

And Finally, for those of you that will be entering the not-so-friendly confines of Soldier Field, for your own safety, don't be an asshole. I've been to a countless number of Bears games, both in Chicago and on the road, and Bears fans are easily one of the most ruthless kinds of fans in the NFL. Some personal experiences that I've seen first hand to opposing fans that come into Soldier Field: In the winter when it snows, Bears fans will throw slush-balls (that they made from the snow covered in beer and dirt) at the back of opposing fan's heads. And I know the Raiders and the Eagles have some pretty aggressive fans, but no other team has fans with dirtier mouths than us Bear fans inside Soldier Field. It is definitely not a place for children. Although, I have seen children swearing profusely at opposing teams.

If it's late in the game and everyone has been drinking non-stop for 3 hours and the game is still close, there will be many fights breaking out, and the ushers usually just throw out the guy wearing the opposing team's jersey. At least, that's what their told to do I'm pretty sure.

Other than that, if you wear your Panther jersey and just lay kind of low while your in the stadium you'll be fine.

And Finally, for those of you that will be entering the not-so-friendly confines of Soldier Field, for your own safety, don't be an asshole. I've been to a countless number of Bears games, both in Chicago and on the road, and Bears fans are easily one of the most ruthless kinds of fans in the NFL. Some personal experiences that I've seen first hand to opposing fans that come into Soldier Field: In the winter when it snows, Bears fans will throw slush-balls (that they made from the snow covered in beer and dirt) at the back of opposing fan's heads. And I know the Raiders and the Eagles have some pretty aggressive fans, but no other team has fans with dirtier mouths than us Bear fans inside Soldier Field. It is definitely not a place for children. Although, I have seen children swearing profusely at opposing teams.

If it's late in the game and everyone has been drinking non-stop for 3 hours and the game is still close, there will be many fights breaking out, and the ushers usually just throw out the guy wearing the opposing team's jersey. At least, that's what their told to do I'm pretty sure.

Other than that, if you wear your Panther jersey and just lay kind of low while your in the stadium you'll be fine.

This is total BULL. I had to create a sign on just to respond to this garbage.

I've been going to Soldier Field regularly for at least 15 years (still fly back there from CA for at least 4 games a year) and have never once seen any of this. Bears fans swear more than other fans?? Give me break.

Wear your Panthers gear, cheer on your team as loud as you can, act like a normal human and there are no problems. Bears fans are passionate, no doubt, but they aren't going to knife you, for God's sake.

Whatever you do, don't "lay low". Have a great time, talk to people around you and enjoy. We've had some awesome times with opposing fans and still to this day meet up with a few again when the Bears play in their cities or back at Soldier Field.

Good times, man. I'm jealous I won't be there this weekend. Have a great time, eat lots of food and here's to an injury free, exciting game for both teams!

Archived