• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

James Harrison's Child Taken To Hospital After Dog Bite

Kevin Greene

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers linebacker James Harrison's young son is being treated at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh after being bitten by an animal -- apparently Harrison's pet dog, WTAE Channel 4 Action News has learned.

A source told reporter Ari Hait that the injuries to James Harrison III are severe, but not life-threatening.

How anyone can put their child in harms way having apparently a pit bull in the house is effing stupidity. Let's hope the child will be OK.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/19538321/detail.html

I have completely mixed feelings on the subject. I always felt that pit bulls were fine, like most of you are saying, as long as they are raised right and not trained to fight. One of my best friends had the sweetest pit bull, very smart, and was never aggressive towards humans or other animals. Then my friend had a son. Her dog loved playing with Connor, her son, and was always fine. Then one day, my friend gets up to get a glass of water when Connor was 8 months. She comes back in the room and her pit had Connor's head and face in it's mouth. Granted, it's easy to say that she shouldn't have left the two alone, and that's probably right. But I have my doubts that any of her other dogs (non-pit) would have done the same thing. Maybe the pit was just playing and didn't intend to harm, but it did (stitches on Connor's head and cheek). I guess my conclusion is, pits are fine, you just need to take a little extra care and supervision with them when around children.

Pit Bulls get a bad rap because of stuff like this. If not raised right they do sh*t like this, it's more the owner's fault than the dog's.

Regardless of how my wiener dog is raised she isn't going to be capable of ripping my daughters throat out.

If this proves to be his dog then he should have to answer to putting his child in that situation.

I've had little dogs bite the crap out of me but never had a big dog do it. With that given IMO the breed dose matter. Pits are fine as a pet but they also are very strong dogs and dont understand there own power.

Archived