• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pat Yasinska's article on firing (Must Read)

TruCatzFan

He makes a lot of excellent points. It is good to see a journalist view our roster as talented. It is sad to see that the coaches are unaware of the problems the read option has caused. That alone makes me think Rivera isn’t the one for the job. Hear me out. He isn’t the offensive coordinator but he should be able to look at the limitations he has as an n offense and see deficiencies… After all who would be better to see holes in an offense than a former defensive coordinator?

The fact that we did not run more power offensive plays after a bye week is baffling. Chud was considered the answer last year. I hope Rivera see’s that he is the problem this year. The defense isn’t good yet but they have improved.

Here's how I view the entire situation:

At first I was Happy (No more Hurney Magic)

Then I was unsure of the move

Then as player reactions came out I thought... Oh no, what have we done?

But now... After reading this article and applying some perspective...

Hurney was on his way out anyways... So the timing is irrelevant to me.

In the end, Marty owned it... Should we really be 1-5? Hell no in my opinion.

But when you are the GM, and your OC continues to run the read option... It's your Job and responsibility to correct what needs to be corrected! He failed to do that, and with a bye week to boot.

Do I think it's fair to axe Hurney? No, I don't. Especially with how the refs took that game from us. But this is the reality, and we have to move on, as does this team.

Good for JR!!

This reminds me off the presser after Atlanta had their asses handed to them by New York in the play-offs and Mr. Blank said 'There are no sacred cows, although there might be a few sacrificial lambs' He basically told every assistant coach and coordinator to hit the bricks. He then Hired Koetter and Nolan to run the offense and defense, to let Smitty focus on the team.

Low-and-behold he we are undefeated.

The players (especially vets who hit the lottery with hurney) are biased. They also aren't running the business. Their opinions, while interesting, mean nothing as to whether this was the correct decision. I think any outsider can see it was time for hurney to go. The article mentioned a lot of bad things done by hurney and still left a lot out inclding mare and Nakamura. There is just way too much bad and it outweighs the good.

Right call and there wasn't really a wrong time.

Here's how I view the entire situation:

At first I was Happy (No more Hurney Magic)

Then I was unsure of the move

Then as player reactions came out I thought... Oh no, what have we done?

But now... After reading this article and applying some perspective...

Hurney was on his way out anyways... So the timing is irrelevant to me.

In the end, Marty owned it... Should we really be 1-5? Hell no in my opinion.

But when you are the GM, and your OC continues to run the read option... It's your Job and responsibility to correct what needs to be corrected! He failed to do that, and with a bye week to boot.

Do I think it's fair to axe Hurney? No, I don't. Especially with how the refs took that game from us. But this is the reality, and we have to move on, as does this team.

Again, I feel bad for Hurney. He wasn't great, especially since 09. But, prior to that, it could be argued that he was.

My problem with the move is that it serves no purpose for the time being. This was the wrong guy to fire if you wanted to make a statement. Most of the fans and the players don't believe in Rivera/Chud anymore, so why not can them instead. That will send a message more than firing the GM during the season when most likely, he wouldn't be doing anything that affected W/L records at this point.

People can say what they want, but this team does have ENOUGH talent to make it to the playoffs. Coaching is why we are 1-5. There is no reason we shouldn't be 3-3 right now with the team as-is. The coaching sucks. The players want the coaches gone, yet, they're not... And now we have 53 guys playing for a staff they hate.

Oh well... Another lost season.

Archived