• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Payton on Delhomme

scpanther22

Who are these "Jake is Jesus" people you're referring to?
i think it's the people who actually don't hate him and think that he actually has a little talent and might be the best man for the job at the moment and who believe that we have a chance at a ring with him.

i could be wrong but i think those things and i have been lumped in with the jake jock sniffers because i don't have the same loathing that others do.

ftr...the jake haters are a bit sensitive...saying they are less so than the "jake is jesus" crowd is not very accurate. they are usually very easy to set on a tirade. they have big shiny buttons that are easy to push.

Im not sold on Williams. Del Rio saw no need to keep him around last year and for good reason. There Defense was just as bad as ours last year. Given it is a upgrade for the saints but if Meeks can do with us what he did with the colts then we should be back to top 10 this year.
considering what they had previously it was a huge upgrade. i think we got the better f the two DCs by far but still what they did was enough to make them more of a threat.

last year wasn't the best year to gauge williams success in jaxville. they typically have had a very solid one.

You say tomato I say tomatoe.

I think I tell it like it is as well and even have stats to back my opinion up.

Maybe you didn't intend it so I will gladly give you the benefit of the doubt.

Funny. I had stats to back up my opinion after you questioned my opinion of Jake a while back. Then you say I have no opinion cause I used stats. What the hell else am i supposed to use to back up my arguement? So stats can only be used by you and are the best because the stats you pick don't show the faults of Jake? Sounds hypocritical to me. That's all Im going to say about that.

Funny, Colin Cowherd, ESPN Radio, In the Herd, was talking about Sanchez coming into the league this year to the Jets and spinning that he didn't have a good practice yesterday playing with the 2nd team and pointing out the QBs he would have to face this year. He listed Jake Delhomme as an above average QB. I've always listed Delhomme as an average QB, but it was interesting to hear what a talking head, who I respect and that is outside the organization thinks about our QB. He does his research, he doesn't just regurgitate what's out there by others...

Funny, Colin Cowherd, ESPN Radio, In the Herd, was talking about Sanchez coming into the league this year to the Jets and spinning that he didn't have a good practice yesterday playing with the 2nd team and pointing out the QBs he would have to face this year. He listed Jake Delhomme as an above average QB. I've always listed Delhomme as an average QB, but it was interesting to hear what a talking head, who I respect and that is outside the organization thinks about our QB. He does his research, he doesn't just regurgitate what's out there by others...

i think the jets would be best to sit sanchez this year..let the other guy play behind a good run game and good def..then trade him..lol

but who was the guy on here that wanted us to make a move for brett ratlif..

Funny. I had stats to back up my opinion after you questioned my opinion of Jake a while back. Then you say I have no opinion cause I used stats. What the hell else am i supposed to use to back up my arguement? So stats can only be used by you and are the best because the stats you pick don't show the faults of Jake? Sounds hypocritical to me. That's all Im going to say about that.

No actually you need to say more. I find it hard to believe that I of all people would tell you that stats are bad. I may argue the stats you use or tell you that quality stats are better than quantity ones. I may even say that stats need to used in context. But please PM me with the link you describe. I don't want to get into a public ying yang over what appears to be a personal disagreement. But if you look at my sig you would easily see that I like stats and fell they are necessary to back up an opinion.

i think the jets would be best to sit sanchez this year..let the other guy play behind a good run game and good def..then trade him..lol

but who was the guy on here that wanted us to make a move for brett ratlif..

I agree and Colin did as well. Clemens was doing a fine job with the 1st unit. It's gonna take a little time for a player who left after one year playing and lost to the only teams he faced with good defenses with all that talent around him. He may make a quality QB in the NFL, but it's not gonna happen overnight...

Archived