• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players' Twitter reactions to Hurney being Fired

TruCatzFan

it was about THEM. Not Jake. It was about the team. It was about the fans.

I don't know. I loved Jake's will to win, but I remember watching him show up his teammates on the field more than once, and that's something I've yet to see Cam do. It always bugged me when Jake would whine at one of the young guys for dropping a pass when we all knew he was going to throw up a few lame ducks or stand in a pass rush with ball by his waist at some point before the game was over

These 'players' need to really stfu and worry about their own jobs. If JR Hires a GM worth a damn MOST will be shipped the hell outta here.

But maybe that is why they are bitching? Maybe they know now their time is up.

They have more skin in this game than you and have every right to speak their minds. Maybe you should stfu. What right do you have to tell anyone what they should or should not say?

Ohh goddamnit. The Hurney firing has brought PFFL back. I would almost have rather kept Hurney around.

Don't get your hopes up peckerhead. The Huddle is going to need to get cleansed too before I decide to be a regular here again.

I just find it humorous and I suppose flattered, that someone would be quoting me from other forums in here...after all imitation is the highest form of flattery.

So thanks. In the mean time I'll let you and your buddy Teeray continue to compete on who can kiss more Cam Newton ass. Then after everyone is certain he is a total bust, I will happily watch you pull a 180 like it happened with Pickles and talk about how terrible he was. Just like last time, remember? Rinse and repeat.

richardson decided to go young and build thru the draft. hurney and fox were given the ultimatum to produce back to back winning seasons or go young.

hurney jumped on board.

fox did not.

Fox was the wiser one. You cannot go completely young unless you have a solid coaching team to handle the lack of discipline that comes with having so many young guys on the team. That going young philosophy has come back and bite the Panthers in the arse...IMO, this team plays way to selfish and undisciplined. Those who suppose to take responsibility don't, Smitty, and all the load is piled unto the QBs. Which makes entirely no sense.

I look at the Steelers. They are transitioning their young players in and the older vets are playing next to them so they understand the mentality and discipline it takes to win. Eventually the Vets will be transitioned out.

Just thought that one consolidated thread would make it a bit easier.... Add the tweets here as they surface.

@randywattson: Marty wasn't the reason we are losing! That's bs! Unbelievable! Marty might be the realist GM that I know #InMyMind BS BS BS BS!

Charles Johnson has 72 million reasons to love Hurney. Can't imagine he'd have anything against him at all.

This is all the more reason of why the new GM needs to blow this poo up! Players are defending a losing culture! And sorry, CJ in no shape or fashion should be our "it" guy on this defensive front! He needs to play opposite end to somebody that really deserves the money paid out to him! CJ has just been made out to be a stud cause he is surrounded by high school talent on the DL. He is our Rucker and we are missing our "Peppers".

Archived