• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players' Twitter reactions to Hurney being Fired

TruCatzFan

As I said in the other thread, I'm not celebrating it. It's actually fairly depressing.

On the other hand, and from player's reactions, I think they would agree, if we would've canned Rivera today, I would be much happier with that move.

I'm not saying Hurney wasn't the problem, but I think he could've fixed the problems. Meanwhile, we have to ride out the rest of this season and from what players are saying, it sounds like they aren't behind the coaching staff... Wrong person to go at this time if you ask me. Firing your GM midseason really accomplishes nothing and is nothing more than a scare tactic IMO.

But it won't work, b/c Rivera just hasn't shown the ability to learn or improve as a HC.

CJ needs to shut up.

I've never had a problem with his twitter chatter before, but he shouldn't be criticizing the organization that pays him 70 mill on an open wall...

I appreciate CJ, but I do think it's weird that players are saying "he wasn't the problem," which means there is OTHER problems, and it's also saying "JR f'ed up." Which I'm sure he doesn't take kindly to. Just weird to see for our organization, which has pretty much had a PC-filter on players throughout history,

I appreciate CJ, but I do think it's weird that players are saying "he wasn't the problem," which means there is OTHER problems, and it's also saying "JR f'ed up." Which I'm sure he doesn't take kindly to. Just weird to see for our organization, which has pretty much had a PC-filter on players throughout history,

I think we all now that Chud and Rvera been fuggin up

Players are pissed bc the boss came in this morning and basically put the all on notice that their poo better shape up or the new gm will throw them out. That's why they're whining. Most of them knew that Hurney would probably keep them around and even give out extensions for mediocre play.

charles johnson@randywattson

Block like 10 people I knew it was coming! Some people don't know anything about football and call them self fans! Umma rt some real fans

These 'players' need to really stfu and worry about their own jobs. If JR Hires a GM worth a damn MOST will be shipped the hell outta here.

But maybe that is why they are bitching? Maybe they know now their time is up.

As I said in the other thread, I'm not celebrating it. It's actually fairly depressing.

On the other hand, and from player's reactions, I think they would agree, if we would've canned Rivera today, I would be much happier with that move.

I'm not saying Hurney wasn't the problem, but I think he could've fixed the problems. Meanwhile, we have to ride out the rest of this season and from what players are saying, it sounds like they aren't behind the coaching staff... Wrong person to go at this time if you ask me. Firing your GM midseason really accomplishes nothing and is nothing more than a scare tactic IMO.

But it won't work, b/c Rivera just hasn't shown the ability to learn or improve as a HC.

Why do you think Hurney could've fixed the problems? He hasnt fixed anything ever. And I agree, from what the staff member told my family, the players do not like Ron's methods of talking to them. But the whole "accomplishes nothing" thing is a bit off, as this season is done. There was nothing to accomplish. While it may have been more of a move to appease the fans, good, we're what matters most.

You have no idea, the suffering I have felt under this GM.

John Fox, avenged.

He's been with the Panthers a FULL decade, out of which only 3 winning seasons.

Gave Delhomme a 30+ million dollar contract extension, then cut him the next season.

Fired Fox who won with The Golden Calf of Bristol his first year in Denver! Brought in Rivera.

Has 2 running backs worth 89 million dollars. Deangelo had 2 snaps yesterday!

Cut Muhammad and has never found a replacement for him to be a number 2 to Steve Smith.

It goes on and on...compared to him Tannenbaum is a genius.

Archived