• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Re-Watching Old Panther Games......

AKPantherFan

AK's favorite player is DeAngelo and was from the start. Even though it was pretty obvious he needed a little time to settle in I can't blame AK for wanting him to start from the beginning and holding a grudge that Fox didn't do what he wanted. We all have our opinions of what the team needs to do and are pissed off when that doesn't happen as we think it should, that's just fandom...

While I do think Deangelo needed time to grow he should have had alot more playing time. As a RB Deangelo was better than Foster especially in their last year together. Maybe he shouldn't have started but he could have been used more.

i think foster's last season was the organization's failed attempt at developing a one two punch running game.

not only did they not use williams enough, they tried to use foster as a physical back...something he really wasn't.

i think foster's last season was the organization's failed attempt at developing a one two punch running game.

not only did they not use williams enough, they tried to use foster as a physical back...something he really wasn't.

nor was he a speed back. He was a mediocre back destined for second string.

Foster was a physical back who ran hard and always tried for extra yards. That was his problem. he would swing around trying to get an extra yard and get popped by a defender right in the ball which he carried like a loaf of bread. He tried to run over folks when he should have gone around or in some cases gone down.

Foster was a physical back who ran hard and always tried for extra yards. That was his problem. he would swing around trying to get an extra yard and get popped by a defender right in the ball which he carried like a loaf of bread. He tried to run over folks when he should have gone around or in some cases gone down.

nOT TRUE--

Foster in his early years was just that, tough and physical.

Once he got the "injury prone" tag he spent his last years in cAROLINA trying to shed that term.

If you watch him in his 1st couple seasons until he broke bones he was a beast.

After he was tagged as injury prone he tended to always spin and meet his contact with his back.

juST go back and watch film.

No, you get better by practicing and working to improve your technique (blocking, in Williams' case) and conditioning.

exactly-

but to BE READY IN YOUR HEAD- YOU HAVE TO PLAY

You hear all the time about players wanting to get that 1st play, or first game, or first playoff game out of the way.

this game is about confidence, playing in games builds that and what you get is =2008 D Williams.

Experience is everything!

exactly-

but to BE READY IN YOUR HEAD- YOU HAVE TO PLAY

You hear all the time about players wanting to get that 1st play, or first game, or first playoff game out of the way.

this game is about confidence, playing in games builds that and what you get is =2008 D Williams.

Experience is everything!

While I agree that there is only so much improvement one can get from practice alone, a player has to show he is ready to play, or get more time on the field. And as much as we all love DeAngelo, he had some deficiencies in his game that needed to be worked out before he got more time.

With that said, he still did play a decent amount, he just didn't start. And, while I loved him as a runner, his problems in pass protection, particularly blitz pick up, and with his endurance were things he had to improve upon before he could be looked at as the feature back. IMO, those two factors had more to do with DeAngelo not starting over Foster than Fox being overly loyal to DeShaun.

Archived