• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Terminator Salvation May Contain Spoliers

Cold Cat

other upcoming movie I will see at the theatre is the new 'Transformers'.

Action+FX+Megan Fox = Winner.

(

REP!

Have you seen any shots of Megan Fox for the movie. OMG! I'm just hoping this 'transformers' movie is better. Would go see it anyway.

Made me want to go watch the other 3 again.

Really? Even 3??

the CGI and FX were out of this world fantastic... very, very nearly to the point where you cannot distinguish what is and is not real.

CGI means nothing to me anymore. So many movies have good effects now, that is this really a selling point anymore? Give me a story and good acting and I can handle some fishing line shinning in the light.

My thoughts.

Things I thought were bullpoo.

Spoiler

1. The heart transplant. Are you fuging kidding me? They act like it's no big deal giving a damn heart transplant on a damn table out in the open.

2. When the terminator killed Marcus I was pretty sure he crushed his heart. But regardless Conner beats on him a few times and he comes back.

3. Bale needs to work on his voice.

4. Anton, that played Kyle Reese did alright but the whole time I was thinking, this guy? For real?

5. They made the previous model terminators look like morons. Like they wouldn't have noticed Conner leaving the door open when he went inside skynet.

6. Could have had a little more back story.

7. Skynet could have easily sent terminators after Marcus once he said he would help Conner.

I feel like they rushed to make this movie. They must have paid Bale alot of money to do this movie and when he agreed only on a re-written script he probably thought fug it at least its better than the original script. It could have been better imo. I just expected it to be more epic.

I'm not too familiar with the Terminator franchise myself but I always thought that Connor was the leader of the resistance. Yet, he's taking orders from some pansy generals in a sub and it's mostly about Marcus the first half of the movie. That, and I can't see how all those resistance cells would be inspired by Connor, at least, not the way Bale portrays him.

Can't deny the pure awesomeness of some of the scenes (the one with the gas station was my favorite) but still, the movie's all noise and no substance.

I liked it. I just don't get hung on the uber technicalities. Its A FREAKING MOVIE.

You put on your fantasy hat when you walk in the door and put your reality hat back on when you walk out.

Was it worth my entertainment dollar(s)? Youbetcha

Out of the three big releases this month, Terminator is the worst of the three. It wasn't bad, but not quite as good as Xmen, and not in the same ballpark as Star Trek.

I liked it. I just don't get hung on the uber technicalities. Its A FREAKING MOVIE.

You put on your fantasy hat when you walk in the door and put your reality hat back on when you walk out.

Was it worth my entertainment dollar(s)? Youbetcha

All just differences of opinion I guess... Star Trek was by no means bad, far better than 9 out of the other 10 Star Trek movies... but I personally thought T:S was more entertaining. I'm not sad that I spent my money to see either... I will wait for Wolverine to come out on DVD just because the X-men movies have been just so-so to me, and it's not one I'm dying to see in the theater. I probably will go see 'Transformers' this summer in the theater, just because it looks like a good "theater" movie... I have to say too that three movies in the theater in one year is a new record for me... over the past 10 years, I probably have seen only 4 or 5 movies total in a theater.

Now that I have seen all three...I would rank them as:

1. Star Trek

2. Terminator Salvation

3. Wolverine

The effects and general story in Star Trek was better; however, I didn't like the "alternate universe" used for the timeline. I think they built a good story around this alternate timeline/universe but they built the foundation for future movies that I would go and see. I got really tired of the past franchise and the stories became cliche so this was a breath of fresh air.

TS was a huge leap into a better story than the disaster that was T3. I hated T3 and was hugely disappointed with this one movie, which James Cameron had absolutely no involvement in. I think T3 nearly killed the franchise. I thought Christian Bale did a great job (better than I had expected) and Marcus Wright stole the show. I was a bit perturbed about the story centering so much on him but in the end, he was redeemed and I was disappointed that there was a low probability we would see his character in the "future." I did not watch this movie with any expectations other than this would be John Connor's story and not Sarah's journey. I would have liked fewer loose ends tying the end of T2 a little more cleanly. I liked this one a lot better...I will own this one when it comes on DVD.

Wolverine was great for effects but the story was rushed....the story and character development was in fast forward...but Hugh Jackman is better than ever from my perspective...I love him in this role.

• 2 months later...

I'm not too familiar with the Terminator franchise myself but I always thought that Connor was the leader of the resistance. Yet, he's taking orders from some pansy generals in a sub and it's mostly about Marcus the first half of the movie.

Keep in mind Connor is somewhat inexperienced in the beginning, so it make sense why he isn't the leader of the resistance yet. I imagine the original leader could been a military vet from the beginning.

And I like the film. Didn't love it, but didn't hate it either. I also love hearing the Terminator theme music when we see the T-800 for the first time in this. :cool:

Archived