• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Terminator Salvation May Contain Spoliers

Cold Cat

Anyone went to see it yet? I'm thinking about going tomorrow. I was really excited to see it until I watched a special a couple of days ago on G4 tv. I know that every Terminator movie has the mantra of "I have to save/kill (Insert Critical Person Here)". But watching the special I was disappointed when seeing that John Conner is looking to Save his Kyle Reese. Which I understand that John Found Kyle in the slave camps (think i remember that from T1 or T2.) I just hope thats not the main plot of this movie. It may be thicker than the special lead me to believe.

Is it worth the money to go see. Or if I can't wait should I try and catch one of those early bird specials?

Thoughts from those who haven't seen it?

Answers from those who have.

Anyone went to see it yet? I'm thinking about going tomorrow. I was really excited to see it until I watched a special a couple of days ago on G4 tv. I know that every Terminator movie has the mantra of "I have to save/kill (Insert Critical Person Here)". But watching the special I was disappointed when seeing that John Conner is looking to Save his Kyle Reese. Which I understand that John Found Kyle in the slave camps (think i remember that from T1 or T2.) I just hope thats not the main plot of this movie. It may be thicker than the special lead me to believe.

Is it worth the money to go see. Or if I can't wait should I try and catch one of those early bird specials?

Thoughts from those who haven't seen it?

Answers from those who have.

I read the novelization the other day just to see what they did.

Saving Reese is a plot device, but the movie is just as much about the terminator guy as it is about John Connor.

It gets into something a lot of Sci-Fi nerds will recognize.

When you send something into the past to save the future you usually end up with much bigger problems.

When you send something into the past to save the future you usually end up with much bigger problems.

and when you do time travel like they do in Terminator you end up with plot holes and silly questions. :)

Just got back from seeing the movie. Very good IMO. Alot of action. Good to see "The Oak" towards the end, even though "he" was CGI. Even had an "I'll be back" line and the GNR You Could be Mine song. Flashed back to seeing Judgement Day in my youth! I've seen Wolverine, Star Trek, and now TS. TS was the best of the 3 IMO.

Wolverine ©...always been an X-Men fan but I never liked Logan. I loved it when Magneto pulled the adamantium off his bones. Can't wait for the Magneto movie, and dear lord don't F it up.

Star Trek (B)...I'm not a trekkie but I did watch alot of TNG. Better than I expected.

Terminator Salvation (B+)...I'm not a huge Bale fan but the movie was very good. Made me want to go watch the other 3 again.

Wolverine ©...always been an X-Men fan but I never liked Logan. I loved it when Magneto pulled the adamantium off his bones. Can't wait for the Magneto movie, and dear lord don't F it up.

Star Trek (B)...I'm not a trekkie but I did watch alot of TNG. Better than I expected.

Terminator Salvation (B+)...I'm not a huge Bale fan but the movie was very good. Made me want to go watch the other 3 again.

Nice, Thanks for the quick recap on TS as well as the other 2 movies.

I'll most likely go see it around lunch tomorrow.

:lurk5:

i just got back from seeing it, it had plenty of a action but was a little lacking in plot and didn't really pull off a believable storyline.

The other terminators had a "real" quality to them and this one didn't.

But it was a lot of impressive CGI and stunt work. Definately a good summer movie.

So I bit the bullet and went to see the show today. I really liked the action and the CGI in the movie. I felt that the plot was rushed a bit. Did I mention that there was tons of action in this movie. (if anyone read about the original ending you know what i'm thinking) I thought the end was good. Not great not bad. I am left wondering what's next though.

going to see Wolverine last week further convinced me that I can wait for pretty much any movie to go to dvd. i want to see Terminator, but the movies are just such a rip off.

Normally I agree with you KK, but I simply had to see T:S after seeing the trailer before Star Trek. I was not disappointed... the CGI and FX were out of this world fantastic... very, very nearly to the point where you cannot distinguish what is and is not real. The plot was good and about as original as you can get on a sequel/prequel (kind of both due to the time travel issue).

Probably the only other upcoming movie I will see at the theatre is the new 'Transformers'.

Action+FX+Megan Fox = Winner.

Which is why it isn't used by....

wait for it, wait for it....

Must we say it Scrum or are you gonna say it? Lucas didn't use time travel 'cause he didn't need to, the story was good enough by itself... he should have time traveled back to 1979 when he made these last three. :(

Archived