• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anal Sex

Zcustom

So my celtic rock band has been working on a new album since June. This is the first "professional" album I've ever done, and boy has it been a process.

Typically I've done 8-10 song albums that had minimal recording/production time and fairly basic artwork and CD design. Not this time around.

Almost a week of studio time, meticulously going over things again and again, making changes, and re-mixing and mastering of songs has taken 3 months. This album has 14 songs on it, 2 of which were written for the album and have never been played live. We had one more song that we just couldn't finish in time for this album.

Then came the artwork, which my buddy was gracious enough to do for us. He is a graphic designer for a living and even this project had him stressed out. 6 weeks of rough drafts, changes, and additions to the artwork and just last week we finally approved the artwork proofs and the CD's are now in production.

I will say it is a fantastic album (yeah I'm biased) both in sound quality and artwork, and we should have all 1,000 copies back from the production house by the end of the month. We've been pushing this project so we can have it ready for a gig on Nov. 2 and 3rd. So after countless hours of fussing over this album, and $1,500 later, our album is almost done.

Any of you other huddle musicians gone through this process? I feel like we're having a child or something.

On a side note- This album, one song in particular, is perfect for the show Game of Thrones. I'm going to bombard HBO and the shows producers with this album in the hopes of getting the song on the show. Wish me luck or tell me to fug off! Kthanxbye tl;dr etc

Good idea with the thread title LOL.

Putting out an album is hard work, my dad is a sound engineer and I'm a musician myself. He's still working on a X-mas album with John Travolta that he started in June, just to give you an idea how long it's taken them to put everything together to be ready for December.

Just keep working and don't release anything until it's perfect. That's awesome you're already getting your music out though, keep up the good work.

i've done enough recording that i know i don't want to do it again...unless it's with people who will do it the way i want to.

it takes much longer than it should and the excitement wears off too quickly. it's the worse when you're bankrolling it.

the last time i went in i agreed to it only on the condition that i stayed in the booth the whole time and plugged straight into the board and that we take my first take unless i don't like it. i was in and out in 3 days (which was still 2 days longer than what i wanted to do). oh yeah....and i didn't have to put any of my money in to get it made. just let me do my thing and let me walk when i want.

cd release party is always cool just to get input from others which helps you feel good about what you just got putting together, but i don't know that it makes up for the agony of the studio.

playing live is awesome. playing in a studio with some stupid click track going on in your ear and having to repeat sections of songs over and over and wait for other people to quit screwing up and guys running the boards and recording trying to polish everything up and then tell you when you aren't happy with the way it sounds that they'll "fix it in the mix" (which is a lie)...don't want any part of it.

i've done enough recording that i know i don't want to do it again...unless it's with people who will do it the way i want to.

it takes much longer than it should and the excitement wears off too quickly. it's the worse when you're bankrolling it.

the last time i went in i agreed to it only on the condition that i stayed in the booth the whole time and plugged straight into the board and that we take my first take unless i don't like it. i was in and out in 3 days (which was still 2 days longer than what i wanted to do). oh yeah....and i didn't have to put any of my money in to get it made. just let me do my thing and let me walk when i want.

cd release party is always cool just to get input from others which helps you feel good about what you just got putting together, but i don't know that it makes up for the agony of the studio.

playing live is awesome. playing in a studio with some stupid click track going on in your ear and having to repeat sections of songs over and over and wait for other people to quit screwing up and guys running the boards and recording trying to polish everything up and then tell you when you aren't happy with the way it sounds that they'll "fix it in the mix" (which is a lie)...don't want any part of it.

What kind of music did you play?

What kind of music did you play?

started out with hair band stuff in the 80's and then moved into grunge in the early 90's. from there i went all over the place. was in a blues band for a little while, played in some hokey jimmy buffet sounding band, and then i spent about 5-6 years playing in some coffee shop acoustic chill band that did pretty well but got me burned out. i quit just as things started taking off and the band broke up. i've done some bluegrass/jazz/folk music stuff in the past few years, but i've had really no desire to get back into any of it for any length of time.

Archived