• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Realistically speaking, how bad are we gonna have to be for JR to fire Rivera?

CardiacCats

he doesn't seem like the type of owner that would get rid of a coach after only 2 seasons which really sucks to think about because I have very minimal hope left in Rivera and another year with him seems like a nightmare. So how bad is this season gonna have to get for JR to fire him? I'm thinking 2-14 or 3-13 and he might be forced into it but what do all you think?

I don't think he'll be gone no matter what our record this year is. Call me a pessimist - but if JR decides he doesn't want Rivera I see him doing just like he did to Fox and letting the contact run out lame-duck style.

I still think the only way Rivera is gone before his contact is up is if Hurney is fired, since a new GM will want their own coach.

I don't think he'll be gone no matter what our record this year is. Call me a pessimist - but if JR decides he doesn't want Rivera I see him doing just like he did to Fox and letting the contact run out lame-duck style.

I still think the only way Rivera is gone before his contact is up is if Hurney is fired, since a new GM will want their own coach.

this...unless rivera has a say in who that GM is. i don't know why that would be the case, but i don't know who in the org. would know enough about qualified GMs to make that call. JR is old and kind of sort of out of touch, imo. morrison doesn't exactly have a NFL football background. so who would it be?

If we go 5-11 or worse and our offense and defense are both ranked in the mid 20s like now I say he is gone. How can he not be? When we regress across the board like we have and win less games than the previous season, he has to go. Some people here say that head coaches are usually given 3 or more seasons. Steve Spagnolia and Raheem Morris beg to differ.

If we go 5-11 or worse and our offense and defense are both ranked in the mid 20s like now I say he is gone. How can he not be? When we regress across the board like we have and win less games than the previous season, he has to go. Some people here say that head coaches are usually given 3 or more seasons. Steve Spagnolia and Raheem Morris beg to differ.

Oh and Raheem was even able to produce a 10-6 record the prior year he went 4-12 and he still got fired after just two seasons.

1510804093_YouMustBeNewHere_vi_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Lets not forget JR jad no problem firing Seifert after a horrible season. If we go 4-12 or worse I think Rivera is gone. Last year he could hide behind the "rookie QB, lockout and injuries" excuse. This yearvwe have very minimal injuries, there was no lockout and our QB is no longer a rookie. No excuse

Oh and Raheem was even able to produce a 10-6 record the prior year he went 4-12 and he still got fired after just two seasons.

the buc's lockerroom was completely out of control and the players were lazy, skipping practice or half-assing it and morris was just kind of there trying to be their friend (even talking to them during the lockout when there was supposed to be no contact). he had no element of discipline and no respect from the players and it was obvious.

there were much bigger reasons why he was fired than that record.

Hurney needs to go before Rivera, and I'm not sure Richardson is still with it.

He probably spends more of his time studying pie charts and figuring out ways to screw referees out of a few bucks than he does monitoring his franchise.

this...unless rivera has a say in who that GM is. i don't know why that would be the case, but i don't know who in the org. would know enough about qualified GMs to make that call. JR is old and kind of sort of out of touch, imo. morrison doesn't exactly have a NFL football background. so who would it be?

Ideally if we fire Hurney I'd like to see a football mind brought in as a consultant to help in the GM search. There are guys out there who are not currently employed who could advise / direct the search and help the organization find the right guy without having to be brought in as a permanent member of the staff.

This sort of thing happens all over the business world (see: the 5 million executive search agencies) and there's no reason it couldn't work here.

I don't think it will happen - but I'd like to see it if it did.

Archived