• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some very good pass rushers in this draft

CardiacCats

and that's a big need for us. Obviously Star Lotulelei and Johnathon Hankins are 1 and 2 respectively on my big board right now for us but even if both those go before our pick I wouldn't mind looking at Barkevious Mingo or Sam Montgomery. I know MIngo looks better fit for the 3-4 but I haven't seen a defensive end with athleticism like that in a while. Also even after Star and Hankins there are some great defensive tackles such as Johnathan Jenkins and Kawaan Short. So my point is if the draft were held tomorrow we'd be in great position to add a playmaker on the defensive line, hopefully at DT.

It's scary how good Mingo is

This video is the entire LSU defense but he's in half the plays anyways. That dude hits so fuging hard and his speed and athleticism is out of this world. He's best fit in a 3-4 and only weighs 240 pounds so he wouldn't be a great fit here, but if he's on the board when we're on the clock you definitely have to think long and hard about it. But this kid will probably go top-3 and I don't think we'll be that high but yeah Mingo is arguably the best player in the draft.

and that's a big need for us. Obviously Star Lotulelei and Johnathon Hankins are 1 and 2 respectively on my big board right now for us but even if both those go before our pick I wouldn't mind looking at Barkevious Mingo or Sam Montgomery. I know MIngo looks better fit for the 3-4 but I haven't seen a defensive end with athleticism like that in a while. Also even after Star and Hankins there are some great defensive tackles such as Johnathan Jenkins and Kawaan Short. So my point is if the draft were held tomorrow we'd be in great position to add a playmaker on the defensive line, hopefully at DT.

Both LSU guys just seem like they're better fit for a 34. If Star and Hankins are both gone by when we pick, one guy that I love and would not mind taking at all is "Bjoern Werner, DE FSU". This kid is a future star pass rusher in the NFL.

Hardy is average and Alexander has been playing well for a rookie but Werner is a huge upgrade over both Hardy and Alexander. Werner may even be a better rusher than CJ.

Both LSU guys just seem like they're better fit for a 34. If Star and Hankins are both gone by when we pick, one guy that I love and would not mind taking at all is "Bjoern Werner, DE FSU". This kid is a future star pass rusher in the NFL.

Hardy is average and Alexander has been playing well for a rookie but Werner is a huge upgrade over both Hardy and Alexander. Werner may even be a better rusher than CJ.

I like him too but he's not close to as good as Mingo. But yeah I agree Mingo is best fit for the 3-4. I wish Jadevon Clowney was gonna be in this draft and we finished 1-15 lol

Sam Montgomery is a 4-3 DE in the pros. He is 260 and 6'4 who is better against the run than Mingo...who is going to be a 3-4 OLB because of his lack of bulk and high, explosive athleticism.

I personally think that either Safety position, corner, or even DT might be bigger needs than DE. That being said it all depends on where the panthers are picking and who is available. I don't think you reach for any position of need and take the best player available of Safety, Corner, or DT.

If he's there, I'd take Montgomery but I do agree that other positions maybe more important. I view him as an instant impact type who will be very good in the league

More pass rush is never a bad thing and can make our new safety's job easier next year (whoever he may be)

Sam Montgomery is a 4-3 DE in the pros. He is 260 and 6'4 who is better against the run than Mingo...who is going to be a 3-4 OLB because of his lack of bulk and high, explosive athleticism.

I personally think that either Safety position, corner, or even DT might be bigger needs than DE. That being said it all depends on where the panthers are picking and who is available. I don't think you reach for any position of need and take the best player available of Safety, Corner, or DT.

Yes Montgomery has the size and weight to be a 43 but hes clearly isnt built like one physically. And he should hope that a 34 team picks him and not a 43. He need to be used like an Aldon Smith.

I know this is going to sound crazy but what if we land a high high pick. I mean a top 5 pick and when our clock starts ticking, a kid named Jarvis Jones from UGA is still on the board. Would anyone be opposed to taking this kid? He would be BPA. Jones is the best rusher in this draft imo. I know many will be quick to say why the fu(k would we take another lb, but hes a different lb. He's a Von Miller type of lb. This kid is the closest thing to Von Miller who can still be play in a 43 D, even though he's a 34 in the next level. Im just saying this bc Anderson is average, TD is closer to being a liability, and we've seen Beason recently. Jones is absolutely an upgrade over these three guys.

And I can already see Jones being an absolute monster every Sunday rushing the QB. Georgia has produced some great talents of rushers in the recent years: Geno Atkins and Houston.

Just something to talk about. JARVIS JONES! It's really not crazy.

Archived