• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

who in the huddle is rooting for mike vick?

If one of us were convicted with multiple felonies, would our employers give us a second chance?
no. especially after we lied to the CEO's face as well as everyone else in the organization about our involvement and cost them a lot of money (merch sales, ticket sales, salary).

Neither rooting for or against him, honestly. Just watching.

For the record, nobody "deserves" a shot at the NFL. It's a privilege, not a right. Some team will likely give him a shot (and no, it won't be the Panthers; don't even think it) but nobody owes him one.

Dogfighting, killing dogs, gambling, not to mention the drugs and such...Those things are going to be a nightmare to somebody's PR department.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he meets with Roger Goodell :lol:

Regardless of the "Crime and Punishment" angle, his skill set prior to prison was "great runner, lousy passer". That profile gets you lots of highlight reels and some regular season wins. What it doesn't get you is a Super Bowl.

Even if he has done his time, the guy has done nothing but make the NFL look bad for the last 4 years and I know plenty of people from Atlanta that quit being fans while he was still on the team. The NFL has a bunch of dirtbags already but we all know he'll waltz back in anyway just because he can scramble.

For the record, nobody "deserves" a shot at the NFL. It's a privilege, not a right.

Funny you should mention this, as Bob Golic was discussing this exact thing today. His take was basically that you do earn the right to play in the NFL, because you have to work hard to get that shot, but it is a privilege to be in the NFL.

I think that people do deserve a shot to be in the NFL. If you have worked hard at perfecting your skills and talents and made the sacrifices in the form of practices, diet, and hard work, as well as impressed coaches and scouts with your ability and production on the field (as well as off the field), then you absolutely deserve a shot if you get that call. Now, once you get there then you have to carry yourself in such a way that belies the privilege of being in such a relatively small, but highly public and profitable organization, because---just like any organization---there are codes of conduct and professional protocols that you must follow in order to keep the privilege of being there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... What he did was heinous. But, most of the media and people suggesting he should still be suspended by the NFL are out of touch elitists. I believe anyone serving a sentence in a FEDERAL PRISON trumps any suspension an NFL could hand out. Basically, the guy has already served his suspension for the NFL. He lost everything, has been humbled/embarrassed/humiliated, and he sat in prison for a year.

Not that two wrongs make a right (or something like that), but Donte Stallworth straight bulldozed a man who walking home from work on a crosswalk, because he was drinking and driving. Yet, to my knowledge, he still participated in OTAs and conditioning programs afterwards with the Browns. Leonard Little basically got away with murder. Jerramy Stevens raped several women. But everyone wants to persecute Vick?

Look, I was disturbed by what he did. I loved all the dogs I had growing up and considered them to be a part of family. But, in the big scheme of things, the NFL is full of DUIs, rapists, murderers, gang members, etc., who haven't paid nearly the price Vick has. So I wish people would get off his balls and let the man live. I couldn't stand him when we played against him for those years, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't have wanted him on our team if all this wouldn't have happened.

The guy paid his debt, let him live. Let him play in the NFL. Let him play QB. Let him get PAID. Let him work with the Humane Society. Let him return to be one of the most exciting players to watch in the game (except against us), Let him redeem himself to society - if he doesn't, then you all get what you want; if he does, you may see that this whole thing has humbled the guy and changed him. I'm hoping for the latter. I hope the best for him.

Amen. I hated when we had to play the guy, but coming from a neutral perspective, he has indeed payed his debt to society. As a Hokie and knowing how much our program tries to separate ourselves from that family name, he should be able to attempt to come back regardless of where it is.

Lets not forget how much money these men make. If you ran a billion dollar company, would you want people like Vick to be respresenting your company? Has the NFL suffered because he as been gone-no. People who make that much money need to be held to a higher standard, because there are plenty of people who would play for 50k a year. You go start a dog fighting ring and get arrested. Then see if your company will hire you back. There is a difference between the CRIME that Stallworth committed and the CRIMES of Vick.

Dogs are called mans best friend for good reasons. People who take advantage of that loyalty and brutally murder them for entertainment is sickning.

Forgive Vick, maybe in time deopending on his actions.

Reward him - HELL NO.

The NFL needs to take a real look at what this could do to the sport if you let him back.

NFL stadiums could end up sounding like WWE arenas with people chanting all types of negative slogans like ("VICK KILLS DOGS or DOG KILLER") everytime he steps on to the field.

The NFL has never really had to deal with many angry fan chanting...but this open those flood gates.

Throw beer and seperate points of view on top of all this- could lead to violence in the stands.

I dont see a valid enough reason to let him back in the NFL. Vick may need the NFL, but the NFL does not need Vick.

I hope he comes back and succeeds just to see how bad it would piss some people off. I mean people hate Michael Vick more than O.J. and thats saying a lot. It's hilarious how hypocritical people are. Especially when its applied to rich(used to be rich) African Americans.

I've also found that THUG is only used when applied to black criminals. I never hear thug applied to white criminals. Just think about it.

someone who does not give a rats butt about anything.and if you cross them they will bust your head.on top of people just flat out fear them.the president crap was just something i based on what you called a thug from your little list.who is scared of vick he is no way a threat to society so therefore he is not a thug.and hell nah he wasn't my president.

Archived