• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

who in the huddle is rooting for mike vick?

i know that all of us have cursed mike vicks name many many times as he took the field against us. but the more i watch this story develop and hear peoples views i almost feel like standing up and cheering for the guy. leonard little killed someone and didnt miss half as much time as vick already has, and many people think he should be suspended for this season 2. the man is almost thirty and already ruined and is almost entirely bankrupt, he has paid MORE than his debt to society and should be given a chance to redeem himself. SO LETS GO MIKE VICK!!!!! but i in no way think we should pick him up lol

He hasn't proven anything yet except that he can can go to Leavenworth and sit there until they let him out. Lets see whether he is remourseful, atones for his mistakes, and sets a new course before rooting for him. For all we know he could out and do something just as ignorant. He has served his time nothing more. Lets see if he is rehabilitated before giving him anything.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... What he did was heinous. But, most of the media and people suggesting he should still be suspended by the NFL are out of touch elitists. I believe anyone serving a sentence in a FEDERAL PRISON trumps any suspension an NFL could hand out. Basically, the guy has already served his suspension for the NFL. He lost everything, has been humbled/embarrassed/humiliated, and he sat in prison for a year.

Not that two wrongs make a right (or something like that), but Donte Stallworth straight bulldozed a man who walking home from work on a crosswalk, because he was drinking and driving. Yet, to my knowledge, he still participated in OTAs and conditioning programs afterwards with the Browns. Leonard Little basically got away with murder. Jerramy Stevens raped several women. But everyone wants to persecute Vick?

Look, I was disturbed by what he did. I loved all the dogs I had growing up and considered them to be a part of family. But, in the big scheme of things, the NFL is full of DUIs, rapists, murderers, gang members, etc., who haven't paid nearly the price Vick has. So I wish people would get off his balls and let the man live. I couldn't stand him when we played against him for those years, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't have wanted him on our team if all this wouldn't have happened.

The guy paid his debt, let him live. Let him play in the NFL. Let him play QB. Let him get PAID. Let him work with the Humane Society. Let him return to be one of the most exciting players to watch in the game (except against us), Let him redeem himself to society - if he doesn't, then you all get what you want; if he does, you may see that this whole thing has humbled the guy and changed him. I'm hoping for the latter. I hope the best for him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... What he did was heinous. But, most of the media and people suggesting he should still be suspended by the NFL are out of touch elitists. I believe anyone serving a sentence in a FEDERAL PRISON trumps any suspension an NFL could hand out. Basically, the guy has already served his suspension for the NFL. He lost everything, has been humbled/embarrassed/humiliated, and he sat in prison for a year.

Not that two wrongs make a right (or something like that), but Donte Stallworth straight bulldozed a man who walking home from work on a crosswalk, because he was drinking and driving. Yet, to my knowledge, he still participated in OTAs and conditioning programs afterwards with the Browns. Leonard Little basically got away with murder. Jerramy Stevens raped several women. But everyone wants to persecute Vick?

Look, I was disturbed by what he did. I loved all the dogs I had growing up and considered them to be a part of family. But, in the big scheme of things, the NFL is full of DUIs, rapists, murderers, gang members, etc., who haven't paid nearly the price Vick has. So I wish people would get off his balls and let the man live. I couldn't stand him when we played against him for those years, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't have wanted him on our team if all this wouldn't have happened.

The guy paid his debt, let him live. Let him play in the NFL. Let him play QB. Let him get PAID. Let him work with the Humane Society. Let him return to be one of the most exciting players to watch in the game (except against us), Let him redeem himself to society - if he doesn't, then you all get what you want; if he does, you may see that this whole thing has humbled the guy and changed him. I'm hoping for the latter. I hope the best for him.

yeah

I want him to do well because it would be entertaining to me. and that is what is most important. My entertainment.

Serving his time means he gets out of Jail, not get his old job back. Lets see if he meets Goodell's criteria to return to the NFL.

You go on to say two wrongs don't make a right and then use that exact justification in your argument. It doesn't matter what other people do, it matters what he does. As for Stallworth, has he been tried and convicted? If not then the NFl won't do anything until the justice system plays it out. Vick wasn't suspended until he was convicted and sentenced. And remember that a big reason given for why he was suspended was that he lied to Goodell while questioning him. The suspension was automatic when he went to prison. How he responds to Goodell now and what he does to make up for his behavior will determine his future reinstatement in the NFL. As for Little it occured under Tagliabue not Goodell so no connection. And Stevens has not been convicted of rape although he is a scumbag to the highest degree, IMO. People are innocent until proven guilty. Once guilty they have to prove they are a changed man. It isn't that difficult to understand.

:patriot:

Archived