• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

steve smith on nfluk

luke262

nice interview..

Smitty didnt throw Jake under the bus, but it didnt seem like he jumped to his defense really..

and 3-4 more years and Smitty's DONE!?!?!?!?

It makes sense. His game is built on his speed and explosiveness. When that starts to go..he's in trouble. 3-4 years sounds about right.

Very nice interview, one of the best I have seen of Smith. I agree with him that the pressure is on Jake to perform this year. I for one think Jake will be up to the challenge. I expect us to have the best offense we have had in our franchise history barring any unforeseen injuries to key people. I wouldn't be surprised if we score as many points or more than New Orleans this year.

NFL UK! i thought it was N Fluk and was trying to figure out what that was.

anyway, that was one of the most un-smitty like interviews i have seen. kind of mellow answers...mainly for the UK crowd, i guess. not that he is high strung in interviews but you usually can tell in his answers that he has something to prove when he plays. i didn't get that sense much.

as far as throwing jake under the bus/defending him...i don't see why he would do either. it was a whole team implosion and by the time they figured out what was wrong it was too late. that's what i got from his answer anyway. he did say that the team does have faith in him. they'd better.

as far as 3-4 years, yeah i can see that. i like what he said about walking away from the game and not being carried or forced out of the game.

Smitty's one of those guys who you can tell is smart but who just doesn't express himself that well in interviews. It's probably why he doesn't usually like to do interviews.

Its Prob cause you have to watch what you say. They can take one thing out of context and run with it for a month or more.

nice interview..

Smitty didnt throw Jake under the bus, but it didnt seem like he jumped to his defense really..

and 3-4 more years and Smitty's DONE!?!?!?!?

No one needs to come to Jake's defense. He had a God Awful game. Those who want him gone after that game are the one's with knee jerk reactions.

Wow I wonder if he was talking about Jake at the end of the interview, when he was talking about pressure. I hope Smith can get his 2000 yds in a season before its all said and done. He's got 3-4 yrs left as an elite WR but I think he could still be effective to even 36 and maybe have a Hines Ward type role. As his elite speed diminishes he could still be a dominant force as a slot WR if we can find another #1 guy by that time.

But then again Smith may be the type that wants to go out at the top of his game.

Wow I wonder if he was talking about Jake at the end of the interview, when he was talking about pressure. I hope Smith can get his 2000 yds in a season before its all said and done. He's got 3-4 yrs left as an elite WR but I think he could still be effective to even 36 and maybe have a Hines Ward type role. As his elite speed diminishes he could still be a dominant force as a slot WR if we can find another #1 guy by that time.

But then again Smith may be the type that wants to go out at the top of his game.

Who really cares about 2,000 yards in a season? I doubt Smitty would ever care about that if he could get a SB ring.

Archived