• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Herm Edwards is an idiot.

Skew

I agree with kurb and mintal, that I would look past his faults if it would give the cats a superbowl. First of all, he doesn't have to play qb. He could be a punt returner, kick returner, situational qb in wildcat, or wr, or whatever we wanted to do with him. He will play for the league minimum when he comes back, unless a bidding war ensues between different team(raiders would probably be involved). The guy lost everything he has and spent like 2 years in prison. He might be a scum bag, but the league is full of those and he will almost definitley be a changed man. That would be something for JR, Fox and Hurney to decide.

i think this is the key here...he wouldnt have to play qb...u think vick, dunn, an ducket were good together?? ummm we have dwill and stewart!!! that is just insane to even imagine on a field together...but at the same time i wouldnt want vick on our team because id feel like we were the new cowboys...dallas was a circus last year cuz of all the reporters askin about T.O. to every player and coach. i personally dont think our players wanna have to talk about vick to the media everyday....an yes i think what vick did was awful but at the same time, we arent in control of letting him be reinstated into the league...if he's gunna be playing, why not have him playin on our side??...i guess u could say im pretty 50/50 on this whole situation

im pretty sure half of you have done something worse for gods sake its a dog.and he did the time, look at what mr little got and he still playing.to the question i would love to have him here.the guy has real talent.he killed us year in and out.his last game in BOA he put on a air show.i can careless if a guy is not the so called norm if he is a winner.carson palmer suppose to be this great qb but how many playoff games has he won.he could fit in our system to because our qbs are game managers not to mention if no one is open he will tuck it and get yards instead of throwing it to a triple covered steve smith.

No-- its NOT JUST a dog....

It was TORTURE ...

He body slammed a dog until it died, straight up tortured the hell out of it.

Another dog he clipped electric wires to it and electrocuted it.

There is something severally wrong in the dudes mind.

The acts he committed along with his work ethic and attitude towards the fans when he was in ATL = nightmare waiting to happen.

He paid his debt to society, but in my mind I dont know if thats good enough to be put back in a position to serve as a role model form my son.

You earn the privilege to play in the NFL, I dont know if he has done enough to recoup that right.

I hope he is good a toting 2x4's.....

It was TORTURE ...

Did Vick actually/physically do this? Or was he responsible for others doing this? I know it's not much of a difference, but if someone could physical do this to a dog then I think they have some psychological issues, but if Vick got someone else to do it then I would continue to think of him as just a bad person....

It was TORTURE ...

Did Vick actually/physically do this? Or was he responsible for others doing this? I know it's not much of a difference, but if someone could physical do this to a dog then I think they have some psychological issues, but if Vick got someone else to do it then I would continue to think of him as just a bad person....

If he did it personally or not doesn't matter. People he had in his "employ" probably did it, but that doesn't make him any less guilty.

If you followed the story you would know that at first he said he didn't do it personally, but the lie detector proved he was lying about that. Afterwards, he admited it.

So yes, he did it himself.

Just wanted to chime in a little about the OP. I think Herm's comment was a good one. Vick's abilities could probably be very lethal in Carolina. It's a small market team so the media coverage would be somewhat lessened yet at the same time heighten the publicity of the team.

Based on just his physical talents (and that includes a lack of talent to play full time QB) Vick would be a good fit in Carolina and running the wildcat.

Super Bowl or not, I don't want him and agree with the statements made by Shew and others about how he's earned an 2nd chance but that doesn't mean a 2nd chance at the NFL. I also agree that Vick should/may end up spending more time in prison and deserves it. If he doesn't then let the CFL or UFL have him. But Goodell will win a lot of respect from me if he Pete Ross'es his ass and Vick never sees the inside of another NFL locker room.

Archived