• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bleacher Report: Panthers are "model of inconsistency"

top dawg

We have been inconsistent for a number of reasons. We have been around less than 15 years and have had 3 different regimes. We have had different philosophies and made lots of mistakes. We have changed divisions, had a run of injuries, etc. Take your pick.

When have we had the most success? When we stick with a philosophy and coach and build for the long haul. We have only been doing that since 2003 really and until 2006 had a crappy scouting staff. In the last 4 seasons we have had one losing season and that was as good as you can get and still have a losing record. When we break that streak this year the only big one will be win a Superbowl.

Things are looking up IMO. I expect more consistency as long as we keep things intact instead of going off and changing things again prematurely.

Exactly. It's so easy to point fingers, but it's funny that only one or two aspects are ever only pointed out. I have to think it's due to the big picture proving someone wrong, therefore, what argument would they have with their little football knowledge.

Even when you factor in all the bad things though, the Panthers have been as consistent as anybody else in the NFC South. And as some have pointed out, at least Fox has never been worse than 7-9, which is something that no other NFC South team can claim.

Basically, that guy could have written the same article about the Saints, Falcons and Bucs.

Exactly... God forbid we haven't been the greatest team to ever grace the NFL. God forbid we've had an average team here and there.

Exactly. It's so easy to point fingers, but it's funny that only one or two aspects are ever only pointed out. I have to think it's due to the big picture proving someone wrong, therefore, what argument would they have with their little football knowledge.

Exactly... God forbid we haven't been the greatest team to ever grace the NFL. God forbid we've had an average team here and there.

An average team here and there? We have had 8 losing seasons, two.500 seasons, and only 4 winning seasons! Face it, we have been a losing franchise with a winning season here and there not the other way around. And you dare talk about me having little football knowledge?:D

An average team here and there? We have had 8 losing seasons, two.500 seasons, and only 4 winning seasons! Face it, we have been a losing franchise with a winning season here and there not the other way around. And you dare talk about me having little football knowledge?:D

I'm sorry I have to explain every single aspect to you in full detail so that you don't take one little part and run with it.. (I.e., having an average team in certain years, when everyone understands the Panthers haven't been a SB contending team every year) and actually, I should have anyhow, but I'm referencing Fox's tenure...

So... have fun. Good luck in life. =)

Huh? You're seriously taking 3 coaches programs and lumping them together to comment on our current situation? Hey go for it, I'll treat it as the BS it is...

I'm sorry I have to explain every single aspect to you in full detail so that you don't take one little part and run with it.. (I.e., having an average team in certain years, when everyone understands the Panthers haven't been a SB contending team every year) and actually, I should have anyhow, but I'm referencing Fox's tenure...

So... have fun. Good luck in life. =)

:conf:

Ok, well under Fox's tenure we have had 3 winning seasons one .500 season and 3 losing seasons. That still doesnt equal an average season here and there when we have been average more years than not.

And I dont think either one of us is dying so why are you wishing me good luck in life?

:conf:

Ok, well under Fox's tenure we have had 3 winning seasons one .500 season and 3 losing seasons. That still doesnt equal an average season here and there when we have been average more years than not.

And I dont think either one of us is dying so why are you wishing me good luck in life?

lmao...

:rolleyes:

i can't wait until one of my articles gets posted and everyone is like "oh wow that's so true i never thought of that this guy is awesome" and then i'll be like "it's me bitches" and everyone will go "omg you so stoopid"

Something I've always complained about we are never consistent. I complained about this at least 6 years ago.

I can't say I got anything wrong with the write up.

And six years later nothing has changed. People need to quit with this whole disrespect crap. Its getting very old!

Archived