• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bleacher Report: Panthers are "model of inconsistency"

top dawg

And even if we had Jake in 07 the team would have done no better than 8-8.

That's easy to say. Can't prove it, but you can type it so it must be true...

Not only that, but it's just as hard to go 7-9 with 3 different Qb's starting 4 different times... Cause you know, success in the NFL without consistency in players starting is no issue at all...

But hey, even with 1 consistent starter who happens to be our starting QB for the last few years wouldn't have helped at all...

do you read ANYTHING I ever write? If I'm wrong, I'll gladly admit it. You on the other hand will go down in flames before you jump ship.

If you believe we only had 2 serious injuries in '06, then there is the issue. I guess it's not your fault, since you haven't done the research or watched that season (to which I'll leave up to you to figure out)..

Injured that year...

Mike Rucker, Mike Wahle, Dan Morgan, Travelle Wharton, Smitty out 2 games, Delhomme 3 games (to which we gave up passing and went wildcat to DWill), Justin Hartwig, Na'il Diggs... Can continue if needed.. 3 guys injured during game 1..

And to say "Oh, well, Wharton got injured, we'll just stick Gross here with no adverse affects and plug in Bridges who we just signed and doesn't know the offense... BUT, they are better than what we had" is pretty lame man.

I wasn't calling you out so much as pointing out there is a lot your missing, but since you want to go there... so be it.

Mike Rucker only missed the final 2 games of the year. Guess what? We won those two games. Mike Wahle only missed the final 2 games of the year. Guess what? We won those 2 games. Yeah we lost Dan Morgan for the year. Guess what? We had Chris Draft who had 110 tackles and 5 sacks on the 7th best defense in the league that year. The two games we lost with Jake was against Pittsburgh and New York who both beat the crap out of us. Having Jake wouldnt have made a dramatic difference. We still would have lost those games. We could have beaten Minnesota without Smitty but because of the Chris Gamble lateral we lost. Gross is a better LT than Wharton and Bridges did a very good job at RT that year. Injuries was not a factor it is an excuse! We lost because we were average those seasons! PERIOD! Stop hiding behind your embarrassment!

Not only that, but it's just as hard to go 7-9 with 3 different Qb's starting 4 different times... Cause you know, success in the NFL without consistency in players starting is no issue at all...

But hey, even with 1 consistent starter who happens to be our starting QB for the last few years wouldn't have helped at all...

It didnt matter if Jake, Carr, Moore, or Vinny started consistenly the whole year. The fact was we were an average football team that year.

That's easy to say. Can't prove it, but you can type it so it must be true...

Tell me which one of these 8 losses that we had after Jake went down that we would have won.

Sep 30 - Tampa Bay - L (20-7)

Oct 28 - Indianapolis - L (31-7)

Nov 4 - at Tennessee - L (20-7)

Nov 11 - Atlanta - L (20-13)

Nov 18 - at Green Bay - L (17-31)

Nov 25 - New Orleans - L (31-6)

Dec 9 - at Jacksonville - L (37-6)

Dec 22 - Dallas - L (20-13)

The only one I can say is the Atlanta game. Those other 7 games we were smacked around. As long as the offense revolved around Deshaun Foster we were no better than average no matter who was at QB.

Question asked and answered...

/end thread

Nice try Mintal, but you had to know that some dingle-berry was gonna try and make the asinine argument that we would have been just as bad with Jake Delhomme as we were with David freakin Carr back in 07.

The stupidity around here can be mind boggling at times, my friend.

Mike Rucker only missed the final 2 games of the year. Guess what? We won those two games. Mike Wahle only missed the final 2 games of the year. Guess what? We won those 2 games. Yeah we lost Dan Morgan for the year. Guess what? We had Chris Draft who had 110 tackles and 5 sacks on the 7th best defense in the league that year. The two games we lost with Jake was against Pittsburgh and New York who both beat the crap out of us. Having Jake wouldnt have made a dramatic difference. We still would have lost those games. We could have beaten Minnesota without Smitty but because of the Chris Gamble lateral we lost. Gross is a better LT than Wharton and Bridges did a very good job at RT that year. Injuries was not a factor it is an excuse! We lost because we were average those seasons! PERIOD! Stop hiding behind your embarrassment!

If you looked at everything you'd realize going 7-9 with your "average team" is hell of an achievement with the obstacles we have faced. But hey, let's ignore that and just put down everything to the extent that... we'll embarrass ourselves.

lmfao.. embarrassment is going down in flames saying Harrison had every right to say "Invite us when we don't when the superbowl".. thats like saying, "I'm not going to hold up the Lombardy because it might have been given to the Cardinals".. yet, you felt pretty sure you were talking with some sense. so please, spare me with this "embarrassment" talk... You've embarrassed yourself enough for the both of us.

Nice try Mintal, but you had to know that some dingle-berry was gonna try and make the asinine argument that we would have been just as bad with Jake Delhomme as we were with David freakin Carr back in 07.

The stupidity around here can be mind boggling at times, my friend.

Answer the above question then.

lmfao.. embarrassment is going down in flames saying Harrison had every right to say "Invite us when we don't when the superbowl".. thats like saying, "I'm not going to hold up the Lombardy because it might have been given to the Cardinals".. yet, you felt pretty sure you were talking with some sense. so please, spare me with this "embarrassment" talk... You've embarrassed yourself enough for the both of us.

All I'm saying is Injuries were a factor. Yes we were average. We had Colbert and Carter as our #2 WR.. but to dismiss the entire fact that we had injuries. Noone said the '06 Panthers were a Superbowl team.. If that's what you think people are saying, then try to calm the other 2 voices in your brain while you concentrate on what others are saying.

If you read anything I write, I've carried this conversation with someone else saying '06 could even be blamed on Fox for bringing in injury prone players. But obviously you don't read poo other than the few threads you want to rant and rave about... Perhaps if you understood the basis of your debates, you'd understand that there aren't 2 sides to your debates. It's more like there are people who try to raise points to you while you can't see through the flames you are willing to ride through to the bottom.

You can deny injuries were a factor at all.. but they were. To say moving Gross over to LT and signing Bridges and putting him at RT proves everything..

Quit changing the subject. You knew I was right about what harrison said too so dont even go there..

Its not denial. Its a FACT that we were an average team those two season with or without injuries. Every team suffers injuries wether it be the team that won the super bowl that year or the team that finishes with a losing record. None of the injuries you mentioned were significant enough to say thats why we missed the playoffs because we were average even at full health. You are only using it as an excuse because you are in denial. :rolleyes:

Answer the above question then.

If you actually need it explained to you that we had almost no offense at all with David Carr behind center, then you will never really get it, so why bother? For cryin out loud, just take another look at those scores and ask yourself what the common denominator is.

Here's a hint if you still can't figure it out...the Panthers scored about 7 points in most of those losses.

If you actually need it explained to you that we had almost no offense at all with David Carr behind center, then you will never really get it, so why bother? For cryin out loud, just take another look at those scores and ask yourself what the common denominator is.

Here's a hint if you still can't figure it out...the Panthers scored about 7 points in most of those losses.

ANSWER THE QUESTION!:mad2:

Quit changing the subject. You knew I was right about what harrison said too so dont even go there..

Its not denial. Its a FACT that we were an average team those two season with or without injuries. Every team suffers injuries wether it be the team that won the super bowl that year or the team that finishes with a losing record. None of the injuries you mentioned were significant enough to say thats why we missed the playoffs because we were average even at full health. You are only using it as an excuse because you are in denial. :rolleyes:

you are unbelievable.. lol

Harrison said he didn't want to go to the White house because they were only invited due to winning hte superbowl. THat's all he said. That same logic is exactly the same as Not holding up the Lombardy because the Cardinals may have received it if they won.

We had Drew Carter as our #2 receiver. To sit there and say we were a Superbowl team would be ridiculous. Find one post where anyone said that? Since we addressed this... just as ridiculous is ignoring the fact that we had a good amount of injuries in '06.

If you read anything I write, you have never seen me say we would have been SB contenders if we were healthy.

Until now are you bringing that up as if I said that. Control the voices in your head buddy.

his logic surpasses all. 1 + 1 = 3 in his world.

------------------

clearly he is right and I'm tired of going in circles...

you are unbelievable.. lol

Harrison said he didn't want to go to the White house because they were only invited due to winning hte superbowl. THat's all he said. That same logic is exactly the same as Not holding up the Lombardy because the Cardinals may have received it if they won.

We had Drew Carter as our #2 receiver. To sit there and say we were a Superbowl team would be ridiculous. But just as ridiculous is ignoring the fact that we had a good amount of injuries in '06.

If you read anything I write, you have never seen me say we would have been SB contenders if we were healthy.

Until now are you bringing that up as if I said that. Control the voices in your head buddy.

Its Harrisons right to say he doesnt want to meet the president since he normally wouldnt care to meet him either. And quit using someone else's line and using at as your own. Now stay on topic.....

You're proving my point! Drew Carter was our #2 receiver and Deshaun Foster was our feature back. Even if we had Jake we were an average football team!

As for 06, AGAIN every team has injuries and has players that miss a couple of games here and there including the playoff teams. And AGAIN, None of those injuries you mentioned were significant enough to say thats why we missed the playoffs. The fact is we were AVERAGE no matter what! Get it through your head son.

Its Harrisons right to say he doesnt want to meet the president since he normally wouldnt care to meet him either. And quit using someone else's line and using at as your own. Now stay on topic.....

You're proving my point! Drew Carter was our #2 receiver and Deshaun Foster was our feature back. Even if we had Jake we were an average football team!

As for 06, AGAIN every team has injuries and has players that miss a couple of games here and there including the playoff teams. And AGAIN, None of those injuries you mentioned were significant enough to say thats why we missed the playoffs. The fact is we were AVERAGE no matter what! Get it through your head son.

I NEVER SAID YOU WERE WRONG! OMFG! LMFAO!

I said you fail to see the injuries we had affected our success and going 7-9 with those injuries was hell of an accomplishment that people don't want to give to our team! lol

Are you that much of a brick wall?

You're saying the same fuging thing but are not giving enough credit to the injury status. You want to make the "average" team the major issue by totally discrediting the injuries we had... You can't just shuffle players around like Madden. Having Draft make 111 tackles (or however many) doesn't mean our defense doesn't face an uphill battle by having Morgan out. Smitty out those 2 games did affect us because we weren't as good as we were last year. Having Foster out still affects us! Moving Gross over to a position he has to totally adapt to and bringing in a FA who doesn't know our system IS fugING HARD TO DO! lol FFS, what is so hard to see about this?

You're taking one little statement and blowing up to mean something else and thats where you aren't catching on. When I say Exhibit A is this, you take it to mean I'm saying Exhibit B is that... WTF? lol

And Harrison can say wahtever he wants, but he's an idiot for what he said! lol Noone goes to the President who doesn't win the SB... So to say "why doesn't he invite us when we don't invite us to the SB" is moronic. If you can't see that, then I'm sorry for your reading comprehension.

wow, I'm done man. Have fun in your weird and strange world. No hard feelings on my end, it's done.

Archived