• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bleacher Report: Panthers are "model of inconsistency"

top dawg

What does the past records of this team have to do with what their record will be next season??? It has absolutely no bearing on how the Panthers will perform. You think that they sit around the locker room thinking about what their record was in 2004?

What a bunch of bullshit.

"John Fox is what he is, to use a familiar phrase of his. He is predictable, frustratingly conservative, and stubbornly old-school. Is Fox the man to take the Cats to the top of the NFL heap?"

Nails this part to a T-

Fox does not improvise very well, he continues to use the same formula dispite who we have on the field.

What does the past records of this team have to do with what their record will be next season??? It has absolutely no bearing on how the Panthers will perform. You think that they sit around the locker room thinking about what their record was in 2004?

What a bunch of bullpoo.

mindset....

What a bunch of bullpoo.

agreed. you are not a slave to your past unless you spend too much time living in it. forget the crap that is behind you and focus on what is ahead.

I dont see anything WRONG with the article.

I think its about spot on. As much as people dont like the truth, it is the truth.

The injury bug has been an excuse for way to long.

Hell, just last season the Steelers were down to their 3rd string RB, and a patched Oline.

Then the Pats the year before that overcame many injuries to make the playoffs.

injuries are just and excuse.

Great teams find ways to coach around and overcome them.

However you want to word it, I wouldn't have used Model of Inconsistency.

Rating a season

10-6 or greater as a good Season

9-7 to 7-9 Average

6-10 or below Poor Season

Outside of 1998 and 2001 Carolina has won no less than 7 games.

Denver is the consistently 7-9 or greater since 95, 1999 was the only season they were below 7-9 and that was 6-10.

Den 1

Car 2

GB 2

NE 2

Pit 2

Sea 2

Ten 2

Ind 3

KC 3

Min 3

Mia 3

TB 3

Buf 4

Hou 4 2002-Pres

NYG 4

Phi 4

SD 4

Atl 5

Cin 5

Dal 5

Jax 5

NO 5

NYJ 5

SF 5

Was 5

Bal 6 *1995 Clev Browns

Chi 6

Clev 6 1999-pres

Stl 6

Oak 7

Det 9

Ari 9

We have had our share of bad luck, bad timing and even some bad coaching but "Most Inconsistent"? I doubt it. We are BY FAR more consistent than three quarters of the league.

My Source

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/

I dont see anything WRONG with the article.

I think its about spot on. As much as people dont like the truth, it is the truth.

The injury bug has been an excuse for way to long.

Hell, just last season the Steelers were down to their 3rd string RB, and a patched Oline.

Then the Pats the year before that overcame many injuries to make the playoffs.

injuries are just and excuse.

Great teams find ways to coach around and overcome them.

I hear ya and can appreciate that take.. but think you're still leaving out '06 and '07...

'04 17 starters were injured. Since you give leanency there, you ought to for '06 where not only our OFFENSIVE LINE was decimated, but we did face a poo load of injuries more so than most teams. Steelers still don't compare.

'07... except for the Pats, take out your #1 QB and any team is going to fall. The fact that we went 7-9 with 3 different QB's starting 4 different times says a lot. Manning out? hah, look what happened when their #1 reciever and a few OLinemen were out.

Now that this has been mentioned for all to see and not left out. I beg to differ on the "tired of the injury excuse".

It's one thing to have 5 - 7 injuries, but to have 10+ starters out is an issue.

From there we can go on many different discussions, but for the point of this thread... I think it should be noted.

I hear ya and can appreciate that take.. but think you're still leaving out '06 and '07...

'04 17 starters were injured. Since you give leanency there, you ought to for '06 where not only our OFFENSIVE LINE was decimated, but we did face a poo load of injuries more so than most teams. Steelers still don't compare.

'07... except for the Pats, take out your #1 QB and any team is going to fall. The fact that we went 7-9 with 3 different QB's starting 4 different times says a lot. Manning out? hah, look what happened when their #1 reciever and a few OLinemen were out.

Now that this has been mentioned for all to see and not left out. I beg to differ on the "tired of the injury excuse".

It's one thing to have 5 - 7 injuries, but to have 10+ starters out is an issue.

From there we can go on many different discussions, but for the point of this thread... I think it should be noted.

Do you buy the injury excuse that Saints fans made last year for why they finished last in the division?

Archived