• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ProFootballFocus: Secret Superstars for Week 4

JawnyBlaze

Found this over there after reading the 3TFO.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/04/secret-superstars-week-4/

Frank Alexander, DE, Carolina Panthers

SSWK04alexander.jpgThe problem for backup defensive linemen is trying to make an impact with few opportunities. That’s particularly true for pass rushers, where you are going to be judged on the cumulative amount of pressure you can bring, despite possibly getting the chance to rush the passer on only a handful of plays. Frank Alexander (+2.3) certainly did his best to make an impact on his 20 pass rush attempts in Week 4.

With two sacks, a hit and a hurry, Alexander generated pressure of some form once every five pass rushes. Our Pass Rushing Productivity Signature Stat, which measures pressure on a per snap basis, shows that he was the sixth most productive 4-3 defensive end, with a PRP Rating of 18.4. His final pressure of the game came against Sam Baker on 2nd-and-10 with 3:08 remaining in the game. Alexander applied pressure almost immediately from the snap, drove Baker back toward Matt Ryan with a bull rush, and registered a hit on the Falcons’ quarterback that forced an incompletion.

I liked the guy as a prospect when we drafted him but hated trading away future picks and still do. Wether he completely flops or does great doesn't really change that.

Trading a 3rd+6th for a 4th straight up isn't something you should be doing IMO. Entering every draft short on picks when you focus on building through the draft and mainly ignore free agency isn't the best idea either.

I just hate that we go into seemingly every offseason over the cap and short on draft picks. Makes it extremely difficult to add a signifigant amount of talent. Again just my opinion.

I liked the guy as a prospect when we drafted him but hated trading away future picks and still do. Wether he completely flops or does great doesn't really change that.

Trading a 3rd+6th for a 4th straight up isn't something you should be doing IMO. Entering every draft short on picks when you focus on building through the draft and mainly ignore free agency isn't the best idea either.

I just hate that we go into seemingly every offseason over the cap and short on draft picks. Makes it extremely difficult to add a signifigant amount of talent. Again just my opinion.

In other words, we need a new GM

Archived