• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Charlotte ever going to get the chance to host a Super Bowl

hdevonxz

some of you speak of how big will raleigh get in 10 years based on the current growth rate, yeah its growing but why u say it like charlotte has no or a negative growth rate itself? i cant imagine how big will charlotte be in 10 years itself.

i've been in charlotte 9 years now and let me tell u A LOT has changed since i came here. from the size of the uptpwn, to roads and population

about a week ago, i saw on the news that in the Top 5 Growing cities in USA, Raleigh was first and Charlotte was 3rd. (i'm pretty sure u can google it)

so raleighniens, you will never catch up to charlotte. dont get me wrong, raleigh is a nice place, i've been there many times and had a blasty blast there but .... Charlotte > Raleigh (and that will never change)

I think if Charlotte was going to host a superbowl they should have negotiated that when they first came in the NFL. Houston, Detroit, Indy, Dallas, AZ etc all had a SB in place when they built new stadiums. I hear some saying its to cold in FEB but I happen to like cold games then maybe all those famous rich people that buy up the tickets won't come and the real fans can attend.

Pretty sure that the original stadium was 10,000 seats smaller, but Jerry was convinced to expand to get a Super Bowl, then all this temperature crap came out...

Archived