• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Charlotte ever going to get the chance to host a Super Bowl

hdevonxz

why would you want to host a superbowl? no one is going to care a year later.

i'd much rather be in one. hosting it? bah...it will be forgotten. some extra cash flow but it would cost a lot to get things ready.

i can only see this as a silly pride thing that no one will care about other than locals who would be talking about the good ol days when we hosted a superbowl.

not a big deal.

why would you want to host a superbowl? no one is going to care a year later.

i'd much rather be in one. hosting it? bah...it will be forgotten. some extra cash flow but it would cost a lot to get things ready.

i can only see this as a silly pride thing that no one will care about other than locals who would be talking about the good ol days when we hosted a superbowl.

not a big deal.

the money would spill out of everyone's pockets in the service industry. hotels, restaurants, bars, cabs. other places would earn more too. gas stations, rental cars, malls, tourist attractions would get more visits and use.

I know it would cost a lot to set up everything involved with the superbowl, but I feel it would be outweighed greatly by what would be taken in.

Now the cost of a dome vs all that extra money every once in a while....I don't know about that.

There is no reson Charlotte cant host a super Bowl...There is plenty of hotel space, and the weather is not always great it isnt horrible. I hate the the super bowl has to be in a nice weather or a dome. I haope the next time the super bowl is in Florida it rains like the dickens. Then we will only have superbowls in phoenix or domes.

The only reason NO gets a super bowl is b/c of how stupid the city was with Katrina. The superdome is one of the worst stadiums in the NO Fun League.

Didnt football used to be a game against players and the elements?? Vince Lombardi is rolling in his grave. Some of the best games ever played is when the weather was less than perfect.

No Fun League.....fits in my opinion.

Where the superbowl has been hosted (link)

notice any trends? either very warm climates for the time of year or in a dome. carolina doesn't have either one.

Alltel Stadium - Jacksonville, Florida

XXXIX - New England 24, Philadelphia 21

Dolphin Stadium/Joe Robbie Stadium/Pro Player Stadium - Miami, Florida

XXIII - San Francisco 20, Cincinnati 16

XXIX - San Francisco 49, San Diego 26

XXXIII - Denver 34, Atlanta 19

XLI - Indianapolis 29, Chicago 17

Ford Field - Detroit, Michigan

XL - Pittsburgh 21, Seattle 10

Georgia Dome - Atlanta, Georgia

XXVIII - Dallas 30, Buffalo 13

XXXIV - St. Louis 23, Tennessee 16

Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome - Minneapolis, Minnesota

XXVI - Washington 37, Buffalo 24

Jack Murphy Stadium/Qualcomm Stadium - San Diego, California

XXII - Washington 42, Denver 10

XXXII - Denver 31, Green Bay 24

XXXVII - Tampa Bay 48, Oakland 21

Louisiana Superdome - New Orleans, Louisiana

XII - Dallas 27, Denver 10

XV - Oakland 27, Philadelphia 10

XX - Chicago 46, New England 10

XXIV - San Francisco 55, Denver 10

XXXI - Green Bay 35, New England 21

XXXVI - New England 20, St. Louis 17

Memorial Coliseum - Los Angeles

I - Green Bay 35, Kansas City 10

VII - Miami 14, Washington 7

Orange Bowl - Miami Florida

II - Green Bay 33, Oakland 14

III - New York Jets 16, Baltimore 7

V - Baltimore 16, Dallas 13

X - Pittsburgh 21, Dallas 17

XIII - Pittsburgh 35, Dallas 31

Pontiac Silverdome - Pontiac, Michigan

XVI - San Francisco 26, Cincinnati 21

Raymond James Stadium - Tampa, Florida

XXXV - Baltimore 34, New York Giants 7

XLIII - Pittsburgh 27, Arizona 23

Reliant Stadium - Houston, Texas

XXXVIII - New England 32, Carolina 29

Rice Stadium - Houston, Texas

VIII - Miami 24, Minnesota 7

Rose Bowl - Pasadena, California

XI - Oakland 32, Minnesota 14

XIV - Pittsburgh 31, Los Angeles Rams 19

XVII - Washington 27, Miami 17

XXI - New York Giants 39, Denver 20

XXVII - Dallas 52, Buffalo 17

Stanford Stadium - Stanford, California

XIX - San Francisco 38, Miami 16

Sun Devil Stadium - Tempe, Arizona

XXX - Dallas 27, Pittsburgh 17

Tampa Stadium - Tampa, Florida

XVIII - Los Angeles Raiders 38, Washington 9

XXV - New York Giants 20, Buffalo 19

Tulane Stadium - New Orleans, Louisiana

IV - Kansas City 23, Minnesota 7

VI - Dallas 24, Miami 3

IX - Pittsburgh 16, Minnesota 6

University of Phoenix Stadium - Glendale, Arizona

XLII - NY Giants 17, New England 14

Florida has had 14

California has had 11

Louisiana has had 9

Texas has had 2

Georgia has had 2

Arizona has had 2

Michigan has had 2 (both indoors)

Minnesota has had 1 (indoors)

43 superbowls and only 8 different states have hosted it. not sure that we have much of a chance. not warm enough in february and no roof equals no superbowl hosting. it doesn't have to do with the hotels...it has to do with the weather here.

Thought this was interesting info in regard to the SB

http://www.southfloridasuperbowl.com/FAQs.html

What is the average economic impact of Super Bowl?

The average economic impact of a Super Bowl in a host community is reported to be more than $350 million.

How many visitors will come to South Florida for Super Bowl XLIV?

It is estimated that approximately 120,000 visitors will converge on the Super Bowl host city. Dolphin Stadium is anticipated to have a Super Bowl capacity of 75,000. Past host cities and the NFL estimates indicate that a minimum of 40,000 non-game ticket holders visit Super Bowl cities each year to be a part of the festivities.

Who is the typical Super Bowl attendee and what is the typical length of stay?

The average Super Bowl attendee spends four nights in a hotel. Of the attendees, 85% are from another state, 70 - 90 percent arrive by plane, and the average fan spends $1,500 - 2,000 during his/her stay.

Of these visitors:

* 60 percent classify their occupation as managerial or professional.

* 53 percent earn at least $75,000 a year.

* 38 percent earn more than $100,000.

* 56 percent are key decision-makers in their company.

* 60 percent of the above key decision-makers work at companies who host meetings outside of their corporate headquarters.

* 70 percent of these decisions-makers would consider holding a meeting in the Host City after visiting because of the positive Super Bowl Experience.

* 20 percent would consider expanding their present operations in the Host City area.

* 29 percent would consider establishing business operations in the Host City area.

ok, i'm sold...still won't happen, though.

You can't compare the RBC Center and BoA Stadium. RBC holds only about 20,000. I do like the city of Raleigh though, my daughter lives there so I visit often enough.

I seem to remember hearing talk when the stadium was first built that it was designed so a dome could be added later. Don't know if that's still true with the video screen enhancements. I'd hate to see what the seat prices would go up to if they did add a dome. Besides, I prefer outdoor games. Football was meant to be played in foul weather. :D Football fans were meant to sit in the foul weather too. :D

Charlotte is bigger than Raleigh, but I like Raleigh better like most people, it's the universities that's in, and surrounding the area that make it a more diverse city. Charlotte is o.k. but it is kind of bland but I do love the Panthers, because remember it's the CAROLINA PANTHERS not the Charlotte Panthers, ya'll better recognize......

Archived