• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Charlotte ever going to get the chance to host a Super Bowl

hdevonxz

Give it 10 years, you'll be lookin up at Raleigh instead of the other way around...

Again, give it 10 years... This city would be a great place to get a franchise going..

--------------

If you actually knew anything about this area and the cities BOOMING all around and the money being brought into downtown, you'd quickly reconsider your statement.

not to mention how great the Canes fans are come game time. With football being a more celebrated sport, I think people in this area would represent a team very well in the NFL...

Keep dreamin' Raleighite (that you'll be bigger than Charlotte).

I do agree you could hold a MLB or NFL team since you have Durham and Chapel Hill as neighboring towns. But you'll need more than ten years to get there. Raleigh itself will need to double its population. And of course the Canes fans are great, that's your only pro team. When the Hornets first came here, it was a sellout every night and the atmosphere was electric. Not to mention, the RBC Center is about as big as my closet.

I have to disagree... I think you'd find less participation in RTP.. I know businesses bring in money, but you'll find more fans in a city that has at least 1, if not 2 cities over, in every direction. It's not like Raleigh doesn't have money being poured into it right now by businesses as well.

I just think Raleigh is severely underestimated on this issue... JMO..

I'm not so sure people realize how fast this area is growing... It's one thing to hear about it, it's another to see it... This area has several towns/cities as one of the best places to live in the nation. It's growing faster than it can keep up.

Wouldn't take much to fill up a stadium every week....

Just remember what I said... in 10 years, you'll have a new perspective...

I'll happily eat my hat if you are correct....

the hotel thing i think is kind of lame... when i went to houston for the super bowl, hotels were sold out up ot an hour and a half way from the city... you telling me between charlotte and concord (nascar races), kannapolis, mooresville, statesville and even some hotels in greensboro, not to mention south carolina hotels we couldnt make it work... i know if you look at just the numbers as far as rooms in charlotte, it wont work, but look past that bc hotels generally sell out way beyond city limits

the two things that hold us back are the temp... it could be 20 degrees, or it could be 75, and the fact that our stadium is not big enough...

and to think raleigh could have one and not charlotte is not funny... its stupid

If Indianapolis can get it, Charlotte should be able to. Just don't regret what you ask for when super bowl weekend comes and all the strip clubs are packed. Dollar lap dances have increased two fold minimum, possibly, thricefold. Pretty soon you embrace the idea and charge people to park in your yard and offer a shuttle service to the stadium.....

They would have to put a roof on the stadium.

If that Happened, then I think Carolina would have a great shot.

I don't mind the reasoning about the weather....but if London gets one, i don't want to hear it anymore.

:iagree:

Don't give me any of that Charlotte isn't good enough or anything about the City. It has to do with tempreture and hotels. New Orleans still gets Super Bowls and ever since Katrina that place is like the Toilet of America.

LOL, obviously you haven't been to the city as downtown New Orleans is back as a top flight destination again. The City has hosted hundreds and hundreds of huge conventions, NBA All-Star, BCS games, numerous ArenaBowls, PGA golf tourneys, etc since the storm.

I have to disagree... I think you'd find less participation in RTP.. I know businesses bring in money, but you'll find more fans in a city that has at least 1, if not 2 cities over, in every direction. It's not like Raleigh doesn't have money being poured into it right now by businesses as well.

I just think Raleigh is severely underestimated on this issue... JMO..

I'm not so sure people realize how fast this area is growing... It's one thing to hear about it, it's another to see it... This area has several towns/cities as one of the best places to live in the nation. It's growing faster than it can keep up.

Wouldn't take much to fill up a stadium every week....

Just remember what I said... in 10 years, you'll have a new perspective...

Off topic..........What was that "pro" team back in the 90's that Raleigh had. I think Roman Gabriel was the coach? They played at C-F Stadium. Raleigh Skyrockets or something?

Can anyone top the run NOLA will have from Jan 2012-Feb 2013?...

During this period, New Orleans will host the:

1.) 2012 Sugar Bowl

2.) 2012 College Football National Championship Game

3.) 2012 Men's Final Four

4.) 2013 Sugar Bowl

5.) 2013 Super Bowl

6.) 2013 Women's Final Four

7.) Saints/Hornets playoff games :P

Archived