• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Charlotte ever going to get the chance to host a Super Bowl

hdevonxz

Hotel space, not to mention the fact that Charlotte generally sucks. Raleigh ftw.

I would love to have the resources to bring a team to Raleigh... Based on the size it's expected to expand in the upcoming years and the way they rally around the Canes (they even raise hell during the game, WHAT? lol), I think it would be a great place to bring a franchise.

Hotel space, not to mention the fact that Charlotte generally sucks. Raleigh ftw.

Raleigh...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Get back to me when you become an actual city, champ.

That said, the weather will keep the Super Bowl out of most teams' stadiums. I heard some rumblings to change that, but I don't see it ever happening.

There's no way, because on the barely-in-the-realm-of-possibility chance that the Saints ever make it to the big game, they can't risk a gust of wind or a chill in the air throwing off Brees and their passing game. The Super Bowl will be played in a dome or on the equator for the rest of time.

It's funny that Jerry Richardson originally planned a stadium about 15,000 smaller and was convinced that he needed to upgrade in order to have a shot at a Super Bowl and still doesn't have a shot...

Of course he sells it out anyway, so it's a win/win...

Archived