• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Cam High School Story

TruCatzFan

So I was reading a story that a guy posted online this evening (elsewhere) that went to the same High School that Cam went to.

Setting the stage: He was a freshman Cam's Senior year in High school. They were in the 3rd rnd of the State Championship Tourney.

What went down: So it's 4th down and Cam only needs a yard to get a first down and run out the clock (sound familiar?) instead of lowering his shoulder and getting the first, he ran out of bounds just inches short of the needed first down

Why I shared: people have insinuated in the past that Cam is used to winning his whole life when in fact that is not the case. He knows exactly what losing feels like.

My take: Obviously the parallels to the HS situation and just this passed Sunday are eerily similar... I was unaware of this story until I came across it this evening. It makes the loss hurt that much more that he can't seem to get that monkey off his back.

I just thout that everyone here should know that story as well. Gives you a little insight into our Super Stars mind. I can't imagine how he must have felt after that ball got knocked out on 3rd down, but knowing the High School story really puts into perspective just why he was so down after the game, more than usual.

He will turn this unfortunate luck around, and I'm glad that he'll be doing it wearing a Panthers uniform

The reality is, when you listen to these sports shows and pundits, it's not about a team that needs to step up and do their part to help get wins...NO...It's about Cam. It's like they came on this site and saw how many endless thread on Cam matched their endless critiquing of him. No one is asking the team to step up and do their part. Do you realize Cam is human?

I know just how Cam feels.

When I was younger, I had a hot chick over for lunch, and hopefully some fun afterward. Nothing fancy, just grilled some burgers. Well, she wanted ketchup and I had a brand new bottle, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't open it. Yeah, my hand was wet, but that's no excuse, the fact remains I failed. Bottom line, the rest of the day was kind of a failure too and I never saw her again.

I vowed this would never happen again and started a training program to strengthen my grip. Within a year, I could open ketchup, pickles, Cheez Whiz, you name it, even when my hands were wet.

But now, dammit, just last week the same thing happened again, and this time it was when I had a prospective employer over for dinner. Needless to say, I didn't get the job. It's tragic.

So Cam, I feel your pain. We just have to stay after it and hope our luck changes.

The End.

Archived