• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Entire Sporting news top 20 position by position rankings

scpanther22

Agree or disagree

RB

14. DeAngelo Williams, Panthers. He is a tough, instinctive runner with great vision and burst to make big plays. He rushed for 1,515 yards and 18 touchdowns last year. Teammate Jonathan Stewart added 836 yards rushing and 10 touchdowns, and Carolina's run-first game plan doesn't figure to change in '09.

OT

6. Jordan Gross, Panthers. Athletic and versatile, Gross has the gifts to remain a top tackle for many more years. Smartly, the Panthers paid him handsomely to keep him off the free-agent market

OG

11. Travelle Wharton, Panthers. As a tackle, Wharton struggled. But his athleticism and instinctive play have made him a force inside. He has excellent feet and does a good job of extending his blocks at the second level, which is a big part of the success of the two-headed Carolina running game. He's smart and is quick to pick up stunts and blitzes when playing in protection and adjusts well on the fly. He's a much improved player since his position switch.

C

10. Ryan Kalil, Panthers. Kalil's strength is his ability to reach the second level and deliver key blocks on linebackers to spring RBs Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams on the long runs. It's what makes the Panthers an elite rushing team. Kalil is equally adept at working inside or outside, showing the athletic ability to pull and lead perimeter runs.

WR

10. Steve Smith, Panthers. Smith put together eight 100-yard games in 2008, gaining 1,421 yards for a career-high 18.2-yard average despite constant double-teams. This year, the running game should continue to balance the offense. As long as Smith remains healthy, his stellar route-running skills and aggressiveness again will make him one of the NFL's most productive playmakers.

QB

15. Jake Delhomme, Panthers. Delhomme is a fiery, emotional leader who got his team to the playoffs in '08, but he then turned the ball over six times in Carolina's first playoff game. He also hasn't delivered a strong statistical season since '05. He is in decline, for sure, but has a strong line and a great running game. Panthers coach John Fox will try to get him back on track by asking him to just play within the system.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=548205

I'd say:

Deangelo at 2-3(#1 im my heart)

Wharton at 6-7(He's one of the best guards in the league. Always does a good job run or pass. Him with Gross is nasty)

Steve Smith, anywhere from 1-3

10 is about right for Kalil but he'll definitely move up in the ranks as time goes on

uhh??? DW @ 14? did someone not watch football last year?? and Smith at 10? if he isn't a top 3-4 WR it's a joke.

I can see Wharton and Gross being where they are I thought Gross was a top 5 at best, Kalil at 10 is spot on and the Wharton was maybe a 8 at best so those weren't that far off, Jake is actually a little higher then I expected to see him considering how most media has viewed him after the playoff game.

all in all the not bad but the Smith and DW rankings make you really wonder.

Can this be the beginning of the '09 Master Disrespect thread?

So, the worse part about the offseason is reading the tons of "No Respect for the Panthers" threads we get.

I'm blessed this year with the fact that I'll be in bootcamp starting next week. I'll be out of bootcamp for preseason.

So I beg you guys not to start the "'09 Master Disrespect threads" for another week.

Archived