• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First trip to Atlanta and the Georgia Dome. Any advice?

CarolinaSexPanther

On my way down to Atlanta for a weekend. Headed to the Georgia Aquarium today and to the game tomorrow for my first Panther away game. Just wondering what kinda advice anyone has for a visit. How do Failcon fans react to the opposing teams fans? Do Panther fans travel well to Atlanta? I've always wanted to be the fan from another team infiltrating the home teams stadium but when we planned this earlier I didn't quite expect the situation to be like this so I probably won't be as boastful as I would like to be. Just hoping make it a game. Any recommendations on places to at or visit for our night in Atlanta? Thanks in advance and GO PANTHERS!

^^^^^these people are idiots

On my way down to Atlanta for a weekend. Headed to the Georgia Aquarium today and to the game tomorrow for my first Panther away game. Just wondering what kinda advice anyone has for a visit. How do Failcon fans react to the opposing teams fans? Do Panther fans travel well to Atlanta? I've always wanted to be the fan from another team infiltrating the home teams stadium but when we planned this earlier I didn't quite expect the situation to be like this so I probably won't be as boastful as I would like to be. Just hoping make it a game. Any recommendations on places to at or visit for our night in Atlanta? Thanks in advance and GO PANTHERS!

I have been once, had seats in the upper dome, cheap seats. I was decked out in Panthers gear, people were cool for the most part. There were some Dbags heckling me a bit that were sitting behind me, but then again, I was in the cheap seats. This game was a few yrs ago, we were up for the first half I think, then ended up losing in an ugly fashion. I chalked it up as a bad experience and vowed to never go back...now that I live here I am returning for the first time, got great seats this time. Plus, there are quite a bit of Panther fans that come.

Aquarium is nice, and should be fun. Go out in Midtown, there are lots of great bars and a great night scene. Also buckhead has some cool bars, try Tin Lizzie's or Fado.

As far as what to do tonifht, if you're white and preppy take a cab to the Virginia highlands and bar crawl.

If you're white and laid back go to little five points and bar crawl.

If you're white and have money head east to Decatur square and check out brick store for the best beer hall in the country, Iberian pig for some stupid good Spanish cuisine, or Leon's for fantastic cocktails.

If you told me where you're staying that'd helpful.

Take Marta in. You'll be fine. Falcons fans only get bad around saints fans.

Unless you're horrified by black people.

this.

i went one time when we got completely blown out (the game that ended up crashing the boards into oblivion) and i was treated well. heckling was almost non-existent. took the marta and had no problems at all.

Me and my girl will be down there as well. She's from Atlanta, so shes a Falcon fan. If you see a couple in Panther and Falcons gear(she'll be in the Falcons jersey, me the Panthers jersey), then that's us.

As for this being your first time in the GA dome, you'll be ok. Might hear a lil trash talk, but its nothing serious. Ain't nothing like strutting out of that place after a Panther win, though. It's been awhile, so hopefully were able to get one Sunday

Archived