• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PTI just broke story on Observer Cartoon

TruCatzFan

Here's my dream scenario for Sunday: Cam comes out and throws a pick. Right off the bat. The announcers eat it up like its a fuging thanksgiving dinner laced with coke. Cam puts the towel on his head, the announcers are literally masterbating in their amusement of making fun of Cam. The huddle is having a meltdown, but then something happens.....Cam gets up for the next drive and, from then on out, absolutely murders the Falcons vaunted D. Game comes down to the line, and Cam makes a game-winning play.

/wet dream

I'm not an AE fan, yet I am a huge Panthers fan, what is your question again?

Some people don't worship/root for single players. I knew plenty of Dallas fans who did not like/want T.O. on their team.(has nothing to do with being a fan of the TEAM)

That is one of the worst comparisons you could have possibly come up with. QB is the most important position on the team. Nobody gives two shits how someone feels about the 5th WR on the Panthers roster.

Hating a WR that doesnt touch the ball every play or never sees the field is one thing. Its gotta suck to be a "fan" of a team and hate the QB. Or be irritated when people praise or give glory to the QB. I cant imagine having fun with that.

I don't hate AE, just said I'm not a fan. It's not his fault our GM is a moron and drafted him that high.

Don't hate Cam either, but I criticized Jake, Clausen, Fox, Hurney, etc. So Cam damn sure isn't untouchable.

That is one of the worst comparisons you could have possibly come up with. QB is the most important position on the team. Nobody gives two shits how someone feels about the 5th WR on the Panthers roster.

So what you are saying is that you are only a fan of the Panthers because of their starting QB?

Otherwise what does it matter how you feel about the position/starter/non-starter?

If you like the team you like team, doesn't matter who is playing on it. Players come and go.

So the minute we get a QB you don't like you are saying you won't be a Panthers fan?

Or are you saying that if you are a fan of the team you MUST like every player?

Or that you MUST like the QB of your favorite team?

Either way that is ridiculous.

Talk about bandwagon.

So what you are saying is that you are only a fan of the Panthers because of their starting QB?

Otherwise what does it matter how you feel about the position/starter/non-starter?

If you like the team you like team, doesn't matter who is playing on it. Players come and go.

So the minute we get a QB you don't like you are saying you won't be a Panthers fan?

Or are you saying that if you are a fan of the team you MUST like every player?

Or that you MUST like the QB of your favorite team?

Either way that is ridiculous.

Talk about bandwagon.

You're a dumb ass. I support the team and all it's players. I'm not going to jump ship like a scorned female after one bad game. Whatever your agenda is, that's your problem. I have no confusion about my loyalty.

Wilbon stressed and I quote with emphasis: "MASSIVE MASSIVE MASSIVE over reaction"

The other dude, an older white guy whom I recognize but don't recall his name didn't know what the hell he was talking about. He asked "why the Panthers would select such a Young Team Captain" dude was clueless

Wilbon probably only sticks up for our Cam because he's black

You're a dumb ass. I support the team and all it's players. I'm not going to jump ship like a scorned female after one bad game. Whatever your agenda is, that's your problem. I have no confusion about my loyalty.

Really then why say the following?

Cam is an over rated little child in man's body.

You call yourself a fan?

You questioned someone else about their fandom because of something they said about our QB.

That has nothing to do with being a fan, you can support every person on the squad down to the waterboy, that's fine with me. Not everyone does, nor do they have to.

I have no agenda but I assure you I have no confusion about my loyalty either(and it doesn't revolve around 1 player)

I don't get why the media hates Cam so much. NO one wanted or expected him to perform at the level he did and they were forced to eat crow. So i get why they hate him now, but why did they hate him then? Even before he was a Panther I liked the dude. I mean i didn't love him (as his auburn team ripped through my university) but I never wanted the guy to fail the way the media does now. I hate saying this but a Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert wouldn't be treated this way.

I don't get why the media hates Cam so much. NO one wanted or expected him to perform at the level he did and they were forced to eat crow. So i get why they hate him now, but why did they hate him then? Even before he was a Panther I liked the dude. I mean i didn't love him (as his auburn team ripped through my university) but I never wanted the guy to fail the way the media does now. I hate saying this but a Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert wouldn't be treated this way.

He started his college career at one of the best schools in the country at the time. He made some mistakes as a kid and had to leave. He faded off the map when he went to play JUCO at Blinn.

When he returned and began to put up numbers at Auburn, the media ate him up. They just loved him. People seem to forget how much hype Cam received early on. People at other SEC schools were jealous of the way he carried himself back to Auburn, but the media loved it.

Then the report came out that Cam asked for/recieved money from Miss St. and probably Auburn. This is the point where it seemed the media turned on him. While he was cleared, I don't know of anyone outside of Auburn and Carolina fans who actually believes Cam just didn't know his dad was shopping him around.

This turn by the media coupled with a lot NFL "experts" saying that his experience in college does not translate into the pros created a very clear line in the sand. Some people thought he could be great, and other people thought he was going to be a bust. And of this "bust" category, I'd imagine that at least 50% of them thought he'd be a bust merely out of jealousy/hate.

Archived