• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3-2 going into the Bye week

TruCatzFan

I see that everyone keeps touting their offense and no mention of their defense.

They have: 7 picks, 7 sacks, and 4 fumble recoveries...

They stack the box, and have confused a legendary QB in Payton Manning.

I still ain't scared. We simply MUST start out fast, so that we can dictate the pace of this game and stay within our gameplan. If they get up on us, it will be hard to reintroduce Double Trouble and stick to the gameplan. Over the course of the game we must stick to the run, even when it seems to not work. If we ever needed a "fox ball" type of game, it's this one.

We gotta punch em in the mouth, and keep doing so, even if it's a few jabs in the first half. Eventually we will land that knockout haymaker! I look fwd to ChudGenius making a comeback and embarrassing one of the Leagues Top Defenses to get our season back on track!

People are giving Manning too much Credit now. He is old and in a new system with new players that are not as good as his old ones were. The Broncos have 8-8 team wrote all over them.

I see that everyone keeps touting their offense and no mention of their defense.

They have: 7 picks, 7 sacks, and 4 fumble recoveries...

They stack the box, and have confused a legendary QB in Payton Manning.

I still ain't scared. We simply MUST start out fast, so that we can dictate the pace of this game and stay within our gameplan. If they get up on us, it will be hard to reintroduce Double Trouble and stick to the gameplan. Over the course of the game we must stick to the run, even when it seems to not work. If we ever needed a "fox ball" type of game, it's this one.

We gotta punch em in the mouth, and keep doing so, even if it's a few jabs in the first half. Eventually we will land that knockout haymaker! I look fwd to ChudGenius making a comeback and embarrassing one of the Leagues Top Defenses to get our season back on track!

I think they took away the short throws and made Peyton try to beat them over the top. No arm strength and they picked him off.

Just my opinion though.

People are giving Manning too much Credit now. He is old and in a new system with new players that are not as good as his old ones were. The Broncos have 8-8 team wrote all over them.

i don't even think that manning is as good as he used to be. he's older, rusty, defenses have sped up and are now more used to dealing with pass heavy teams. he's just easier to defend. the fact that he's pretty immobile doesn't help him either. that guy is going to get killed before too long. he's got to be able to buy himself some time in the pocket and get away from pass rushes that have gotten a lot faster and more confusing. coverage schemes have also gotten more complex and creative as well.

it was only a year that he missed but it was probably the worst year to miss because defenses are better prepared to deal with a passer like him.

i also don't think that team is able to come into games nearly as prepared as his colts were.

i agree about the being 8-8 and a lot of it has to do with their schedule being so weak and being in the AFCW. on their schedule still they've got the chiefs twice, the raiders twice, the browns, the saints, and the bucs. they've also got the chargers but i think they'll struggle with that...maybe split. still, there's a lot of kind of easy teams on their schedule. i just can't see them winning against decent teams, tho. hopefully we are decent by the time we play them.

Difference is that we were respecting Manning and those receivers. I don't think we ever had more than 6 in the box. We can handle Lynch...Wilson and those receivers don't scare me.

Their defense is stout though...

Let focus on the Falcunts though

If by respect you mean we let them get 10+ yards on any catch they wanted, then yes we respected the poo out of em.

We did not guard them, however.

i don't even think that manning is as good as he used to be. he's older, rusty, defenses have sped up and are now more used to dealing with pass heavy teams. he's just easier to defend. the fact that he's pretty immobile doesn't help him either. that guy is going to get killed before too long. he's got to be able to buy himself some time in the pocket and get away from pass rushes that have gotten a lot faster and more confusing. coverage schemes have also gotten more complex and creative as well.

it was only a year that he missed but it was probably the worst year to miss because defenses are better prepared to deal with a passer like him.

i also don't think that team is able to come into games nearly as prepared as his colts were.

i agree about the being 8-8 and a lot of it has to do with their schedule being so weak and being in the AFCW. on their schedule still they've got the chiefs twice, the raiders twice, the browns, the saints, and the bucs. they've also got the chargers but i think they'll struggle with that...maybe split. still, there's a lot of kind of easy teams on their schedule. i just can't see them winning against decent teams, tho. hopefully we are decent by the time we play them.

Fox has a Div that will always be weak and that's good for him because Fox ball works on bad teams.

We definitely have the talent to win and be a tough team in this league. Our coaches are just using the talent all wrong. I seriously hope they have made major schematic changes during this little bit of a break and we are a different team the rest of the season. A team that actually competes and gets some wins. The team that played the Giants wouldn't beat any team in the NFL.

Archived