• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3-2 going into the Bye week

TruCatzFan

Thats right, I said it. How's that for a bold prediction. We're going to beat ATL and SEA and go into the bye week 3-2!

Hard to see now? Not really. We will have beaten 2 out of 3 division rivals and be sitting pretty with a week off. We will right the ship this week and embarrass the Falcons giving the rest of the League the blueprint on how to smash the birdies.

It's now or never, and this Sunday will be a thing of beauty to behold.

Let's get it!!

I believe the panthers can beat Seattle.

The Seahawk defense is stout, but thier offense (outside of Lynch) doesn't scare me.

The Panthers would have to play a perfect game in Atlanta to win and would also need to win the turnover battle by at least 2.

Both are doable, but I would be absolutely shocked if we went to Atlanta and beat them in the dome. Matt Ryan and Mike Smith don't lose in that building very often.

Here's hoping you're right though.

I don't understand everyone's obsession with Atlanta. Sure, they're playing well, but top teams regularly get trounced by "inferior" competition. Anyone remember the Jets not scoring a touchdown almost all preseason and then ripping the Bills apart? Or the Vikings basically stealing the 49ers gameplan and smacking them with it? The less of a shot the pundits give us the better I feel about the game. If no pundit picks us vs. Atlanta I will be 100% convinced of victory. It's just the way the NFL is.

I don't understand everyone's obsession with Atlanta. Sure, they're playing well, but top teams regularly get trounced by "inferior" competition. Anyone remember the Jets not scoring a touchdown almost all preseason and then ripping the Bills apart? Or the Vikings basically stealing the 49ers gameplan and smacking them with it? The less of a shot the pundits give us the better I feel about the game. If no pundit picks us vs. Atlanta I will be 100% convinced of victory. It's just the way the NFL is.

yeah i don't think we have to worry about anybody picking us to take this one.

Quit being so logical , this a fun homer thread and the possibly the last chance to enjoy any optimism for the rest of the year.

Carpe Diem. I am here to fuel the TCF fire with some stats that that were very similar to ours last year thus far from a playoff team.

The Falcons started off last year at 1-2, then 2-3, but finished 10-6 and made the playoffs.

They were 2-4 against opponents with a win % above .500

They were 1-1 against opponents with a win % of .500

They were 7-1 against teams with a win % of less than .500( The bucs beat them in Tampa last year)

The Falcons did not get to back a .500 win percentage for 2nd time of the year(the first was at 1-1)until they came here and stole a win from us and never fell below .500 again on their way to the playoffs.

Last year the momentum and run for the playoff's started after facing us. Hopefully this year it will be the opposite.

The obsession with Atlanta is that they have an offense that is not turning the ball over and scoring points (all the while thier running game is sputtering), and they also have a defense is taking the ball away. Matt Ryan has been the best QB in the league for the first three weeks of the season (noodle arm and all). They have four legitimate pass catching weapons in Gonzo, Jones, White, and Douglas; and also a scat back in Rodgers who gave us fits last year.

With that being said, I don't think they've really beaten anybody yet.

Denver was in that game in which they turned the ball over four times in the first quarter. Kansas City, outside of New Orleans, may be the worst team in the league. What they did in San Diego was impressive because it was a West Coast trip. I'm not that impressed with throttling the Chargers, because I think they're a sham anyway.

Archived