• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2 TE sets

blackcat

Just an observation, but does it seem like we run less 2 TE sets this year? Granted, we had shockey and olsen last year, so that was good reason to run them, but it seemed like good things came from that. If we are running as many 2 TE sets this year, are teams paying less attention bc it's now olsen and barnidge? Not advocating for shockey to come back, i think he's done, but I do think the presence of 2 viable pass catching TE's opens up the run and makes the defense more accountable.

We do, but mostly just with Tolbert used as a TE. We probably use 2 TE sets as much as we used to, but with Tolbert, Barnidge and Hartsock filling the role of Shockey.

Barnidge and Hartsock have barely seen the field this year other than on ST's. Barnidge can catch but can't block. Hartsock can block but not catch. Shockey could do both. Use either of the guys this year and the defense knows exactly what to expect from them.

We do need a bit more conventional playcalling, especially in tight games. We get too liberal with shotgun passing. Barny can do fine, let him on the field and utilize him a bit. Quit telling defenses to blitz so much, because that is all you do when the vast majority of your offense is shotgun passing plays. Even guys like Peyton, who spend a lot of time in the gun, don't spend as much time each game in it as Cam does. Need to find balance and an identity and we need to do it now while the season is young and we have time to get this ship back on course.

Our option college offense is tired. It was a great thing there for a while...similar to having a hot booty call...but doesn't last forever. It's time we started using some play action and some I Form. DWill is much better in this type of set and Tolbert can be utilized as well. Cam will still be able to escape and run etc.

I hope this ass kicking the Giants handed us made Rivera wake the hell up. He's done too many good things with other teams, for that kind of garbage to happen. It's about that time he steps up his coaching ability and turns it on.

Archived