• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I want to defend Joe Adams

CardiacCats

Wow, you weren't old enough to appreciate the Cardiac Cats of 2003. You missed this team at its best. They were fun to watch, and you could never count them out of a game... never.

i watched every game that year and was weaping when we lost the super bowl. well maybe not every game, first one i watched was tampa and i just remember my parents dancing around the house was joy and i did too for the hell of it, few days later i was at the saints game and it was over after that. i fell in love. i got an early start to panther football

It'd be nice to pull things back a bit for him, drop him to just punts for a while. He's definitely explosive as a KR, but he's not a fluid player. He's all shake and bake. Problem is, Pilares is that fluid player who doesn't get the right blocking and so it's hard to tell if he can pick the hole and go, but Pilares is also less likely to make a mess for an 18-22 yard gain that's not worth the risk.

Adams is ALL "shake and bake" and has not shown any vision. I agree that Joe should return punts as elusiveness will serve him well, but keep him off the KO duties until he learns how to "hit the hole". Our biggest problem is coaching that can't see the obvious in every phase of the game.

I like his explosiveness. Adams definetely has the moves and speed to alude people and make big plays. But he will have to focus and actually catch and hang on to the ball or he is absolutely not use for us. Might as well have Armanti in there returning.

Let's hope this is just a rookie thing that will be corrected... soon.

He's a PR, I dont know why they have him doing KR but not telling him to get out of the PR mode.

On punts its all about making people miss, on kickoffs its all about seeing a hole and getting there fast as you can. Joe Adams is slowing down on kickoffs looking for the hole like a punt return but the way the players are coming down that works out for the other team.

Archived