• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think a Thursday Night win could be a franchise turning point

CardiacCats

Divisional games are always more important then non-divisional games like this one. Loosing to Tampa and beating the Saints, were big IMO. This game, not so much. Added to that, it's only the third game of the season! Sorry but this game is far from important or a momentum builder.

I still would love a win because I always enjoying seeing the Panthers win, plus it's Cam's first nationally televised game and I hope he enjoys it and shuts up a few more critics.

What happens if we win this game and then go 5-8 the rest of the way and finish 7-9?? Do you think that would be franchise changing???

It is one game, nothing more. At this point we will need 10 or more victories to win the division. They all count the same no matter who we play or in front of how many people.

I only want us to win because I am going to be there in person and I want us to win all our home games and shut up all the Giants fans that will come to the game.

What happens if we win this game and then go 5-8 the rest of the way and finish 7-9?? Do you think that would be franchise changing???

It is one game, nothing more. At this point we will need 10 or more victories to win the division. They all count the same no matter who we play or in front of how many people.

I only want us to win because I am going to be there in person and I want us to win all our home games and shut up all the Giants fans that will come to the game.

Why think so negative?

SB champs, it'll be a big win and might set the tone for the rest of this season after losing a disappointing first game against the Bucs

Why think so negative?

SB champs, it'll be a big win and might set the tone for the rest of this season after losing a disappointing first game against the Bucs

My comments aren't negative just realistic. One game either way doesn't define a season in week 3. Now the Saints game in NO hopefully will be a big game and help us nail down the division. That will be something to get excited about.

My comments aren't negative just realistic. One game either way doesn't define a season in week 3. Now the Saints game in NO hopefully will be a big game and help us nail down the division. That will be something to get excited about.

yesterdays game was a defining moment. Why do you think they had so many designed run plays for Cam? You will not see that again until the playoffs.....too risky....we HAD to win yesterday and we stepped up. so take your "realism" and eat a D

yesterdays game was a defining moment. Why do you think they had so many designed run plays for Cam? You will not see that again until the playoffs.....too risky....we HAD to win yesterday and we stepped up. so take your "realism" and eat a D

The designed runs open up the entire offense...it changes the way the D plays against our skill players. Hopefully we see more zone reads and option plays. You make the D hesitate and think, instead of reacting and you put yourself in an advantage.

Seriously???? Yesterday was a defining moment?? We designed so many plays for Cam because the Saints running defense is awful and we designed a number of plays to build off what the Redskins did last week with RGIII. We wanted to get back to what we do which is run and use all our weapons. Plus it controls the clock and keeps Brees off the field.

Guess what Einstein, we will do the same thing this week which is to do what we do best and keep Manning off the field as well. We had the third best running attack in the league and got back to it after abandoning it too early in Tampa.

You obviously don't have a clue and your personal attacks are weak as well.

DirectTV isn't the only carrier with NFL network. I have it with ATMC cable, and I did when I had Charter as well. It's pretty much only Time Warner that doesn't carry the NFL Network.

absolutely right. Forgot about that.

Isn't this game only on NFL Network? How many people even get that? I'd rather have the Sunday night game on NBC than either Thursday night NFLN or Monday night ESPN.

Again TWC is pretty much the only carrier that DOESN'T have NFLN. And the game will also be on ABC if you normally get the games on local TV.

I couldn't find this answer in any other threads but there was a Facebook posting by the Panthers page stating to come early as there will be a new tradition before the games. Can someone explain what it was?

From what I've heard, the new tradition is standing in line waiting to get into the stadium.

Archived