• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think a Thursday Night win could be a franchise turning point

CardiacCats

well, i uncharacteristically let myself get to 'up' on the season with the opener and consequently had a meltdown. No more.

Beating the SB champs, from a large market, at home would be huge for this team and its fan base. It isn't about the media, it's about the players and the fans who try, disapointment after disappointment, to beieve in them.

I think it's best said by John Madden: 'big time players make big time plays in big time games'.

...and Bill Parcells: 'you are what your record says your are'.

Simple phrases that tell the truth.

I guess we will find out how many 'big time' players we really have and if we are what our record says we are.

I see the OP point of view. We are in a position to come out on National TV and make a statement. The league will then see the Panthers are for real. Cam Newton will be around for the next Decade ruling the NFC South.

I just hope we don't come out flat. It could define Ron Rivera as another defensive head coach that could never keep the consistency (a la John Fox).

Y'all do realize about 20 million people have DirecTV right? About 4-5 million will be watching, that would be a nationwide audience. Doesn't mean every single person in the U.S.

DirectTV isn't the only carrier with NFL network. I have it with ATMC cable, and I did when I had Charter as well. It's pretty much only Time Warner that doesn't carry the NFL Network.

Archived