• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think a Thursday Night win could be a franchise turning point

CardiacCats

I wouldn't quite go that far. It's not the NFC championship game at home or the super bowl. It would be a nice momentum building win. In my opinion it's really a must win because it's going to be even more difficult to win at Atlanta in week 4. Lose Thursday and 1-3 is realistic.

It is a nationinally televised game minus all Time Warner Cable subscribers! LOL However I do agree this could be a chance for us to make a major statement to the rest of the league, and do what the bucs coulden't and finish off the G-men. Lets also not forget this is Cam's first real prime time game. all the others have been pre season contest. None the less can't wait for this game!

While a division win would be better in the Standings this is the type of game that could let the league know that we have arrived. Similar to the Lions Win against the Bears last year in Week 5 on MNF. This game is huge for a few reasons: It's against the defending Superbowl champs and it's in prime time, a chance to show to the country just how pumped we are for football again in the Carolinas.

I remember a nationally televised game on a Monday night back in 2008. I remember us destroying Tampa'sBay and Monte Kiffin's "Tampa two" defense. I remember thinking it was a turning point. It was, but in the end that was the gateway game to us getting the number 1 draft pick. "

So in a way I guess it was a franchise turning point. :mellow:

I don't care about sticking points of which game (NY, Atl) are bigger. Heck they're all big. And I want the next two wins. It would put us in the drivers seat. Now that New Orleans has been captured by our boys we can fug anyone in the NFC up. We have Cam Newton. The time is now. The future is now. If its on the schedule, win it. I want to be 3-1 and rock out with our **** out

Archived