• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Home Opener

TruCatzFan

Aight, aight, aight... We definitely screwed the pooch down in Tampa. Just scrolling through the threads I think it's been adressed ad nauseum by this point. Let's keep history where it belongs... In the back of our minds.

Come Sunday it's a new season again... We open up our Season at home. We will be wearing our new nice BLACK (edit: white) jerseys. (I hear the claps, but please hold your applause)

IMO, this game is critical in defining the identity of this football team. There have never been more doubters of who this football team is than now. Not only are people on the outside chattering on every sports program (tv or radio) but this very fan base is quivering at what looks like the same ole same ole. This team will have to find a way to dig down deep and get things rolling. We simply can not afford starting out 0-2 and then face the defending Champs (Giants) 4 days later. That will only give us 3 days prep time.

Having said all of that, we'll be on our turf, and with all the bad blood between us and the Saints**, I think that we'll go into this game with a huge chip on our shoulders. It's no secret that not only the fans, but our very own players have gone on record saying how much they loathe the Saints**.

Right now, we have an opportunity to send the Saints** back home with their tails tucked between their legs and a record of 0-2. Our offense has a lot to prove and our defense will truly be tested. Like I said before, after this game we should know what the identity of this football team will be. I'm hoping for the best, and I expect the best. Let's see what our guys know about Moral Fiber.

We squandered an opportunity down in Tampa... Luckily it's early enough to overcome it. Hopefully, it was a wake up call to the staff and players. THIS Sunday, it's about more than just football... There are several story lines.

Cam being "targeted in bounty gate"

Cam will be judged by his performance compared to RG3's

How good/bad is our defense?

Can our secondary hold up?

Can our offense become what we thought it already was?

This list can go on for days... My point is this... Will we go into this game with our heads down still trying to bounce back from Tampa? Or will we go into this game possed off and ready to punch these Saints** in the mouth?

This week isn't a normal week, it's not another game. This game to me is our season! I know that even if we lost we'd only be 0-2 with plenty of time to right the ship. I get all that hoopla jazz... But I ain't trying to here any of that poo! We need to punch these dudes in the mouth and send them home, and put the rest of the League on notice! Flacco had a nice lil coming out party last night, I'd like for Cam and Co to do the same thing.

Btw... It's week two. Go Broncos, and go Giants

Time to right the ship! We gotta have this one fellas... Gotta have it

I do disagree that it's not the end of the season if we go 0-2. I think it will be. With this team still being so young and with it being led by an emotional midget like Cam (I'm saying this with love!) AND with the team hearing all about the biggest expectations we've had in years...an 0-2 start is just going to end this team, especially if it's to the team that ran up the score on us last year.

Whatever happens, get ready for a very chippy very entertaining game.

I will be in the house and I'll be giving the team everything I've got. Hopefully they'll do the same.

I'll be on a Cruise in the Caribbean... Hoping it'll be on in the sports bar, if not I'll watch it in the room (which is probably best honestly)

Also had free tickets to the Giants game, but my parents took too long in asking their friends, so I already made plans. That game will definitely be on for sure on Thursday night

I'll be on a Cruise in the Caribbean... Hoping it'll be on in the sports bar, if not I'll watch it in the room (which is probably best honestly)

Also had free tickets to the Giants game, but my parents took too long in asking their friends, so I already made plans. That game will definitely be on for sure on Thursday night

Better have some liquor..............just in case.

Say what you want, this is a MUST WIN. You thought this weeks explosion of ridiculous threads was bad. If somehow the running game doesn't get going, Cam isn't Cam, or Hangman just plays ok-mediocre at this point, the threads will be beyond ridiculous. As long as we get pressure on the mole, and the defense stops their run game. We should be good. Their defense is REALLY, REALLY, shitty. They play awful when they are behind by 10-20 pts.

Archived