• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positives from Week 1

JawnyBlaze

Well, I hadn't seen a thread like this and the negatives have been discussed at length but I thought there were definitely some positive things worth mentioning, mostly on the defensive side of the ball.

1. D-line got push. On a very solid Bucs offensive line. 2 sacks, many pressures and hits, 2 early batted balls by Alexander. Everyone on the line looked at least competent which is more than can be said of most games last year. Hm. What could have been the difference...

2. Munnerlyn looked like a real NFL player. No, he didn't have an awesome game or anything, but he had 0 major fug ups on the defensive side of things. That's 2 or 3 less than his average per game last year. All 3 CBs looked solid last night.

3. TD and the Beast. Heh, as I typed that I realized it sounds a bit like Beauty and the Beast. Both played awesome. Man it's so great having them both back. Anderson played well too.

4. Joe Adams. So THAT'S what it looks like to have a punt returner in a real game that doesn't fall down as soon as he gets the ball every time. Had a decent return or two. Nothing spectacular, but our bar is pretty low in this facet of the game. On a side note, I think one glaring example of how bad our ST coaching is how Joe Adams never actually gets far away from the ball when he lets it go and it's bouncing around. Every time he didn't catch it he just stands around near it instead of getting the fug away. Someone should have ridden his ass the first time that happened so bad he'd think it was a GD grenade if he wasn't going to catch it. But still, same thing every time. That's gonna bite us in the ass a few times this year if it isn't addressed.

5. Olsen looked primed to have a good year. Even with the whole offense not clicking like it should have been, he made a number of plays.

6. Smitty was Smitty.

7. Lafell with the typical Lafellian clutch catches in traffic on 3rd and long.

8. Murphy's long bomb catch was pretty.

9. The play that Lafell scored on was a thing of beauty.

All the real fans shall post here in this thread....and yes I would agree the D as a whole looked pretty good, considering it was week ONE, there only gonna get better.

Same goes for the offense. Running game is always slow to start, but Cam looked pretty good minus the O line being a disaster. Oline is the main thing that needs to improve right now...

I heard Frank Alexander's a few times. I think that will be a definite plus if he continues to improve. D will end up being considerably batter than last year.

Another positive for me at least, is all the crazy threads and posts. Thoroughly entertained by this. This place is like "monkeys tryin to fug a football" crazy. Keep up the good work.

I heard Frank Alexander's a few times. I think that will be a definite plus if he continues to improve. D will end up being considerably batter than last year.

Another positive for me at least, is all the crazy threads and posts. Thoroughly entertained by this. This place is like "monkeys tryin to fug a football" crazy. Keep up the good work.

Yep, Frank tipped a couple of passes at the line and one was at a pivotal moment in the game if I'm not mistaken. I'll also give much credit to Captain. He deflected two passes that saved the game for us...unfortunately we couldn't capitalize on offense.

4. Joe Adams.

8. Murphy's long bomb catch was pretty.

Those are the 2 key things i took away-

Joe Adams will return one or more kick this year- for sure..

Murphy's catch was the most impressive.. i have gotten used to seeing someone other than Smitty just drop or underrun those kind of bombs, but for him to do the "fingernail grab" he did- wow! havent seen that in awhile

Finally! Someone with their head out of their ass! Thank you OP. For days now its been trade, we suck, trade, coach sucks, what we suck at, OC sucks, OL sucks. If I could post, this would've been up immediately following the game. But I can't. I'm glad you did. There were tons of good things we did, overtaken by a tough first half. NEWSFLASH! They only scored 3 points the entire rest of the game!! Sounds like the D is fine. Give them time. I still say the 2 back days are over. But that didn't cause the loss. However, if one back got 20-25 carries, I think the running game could've really taken off.

Archived