• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Risers and Fallers

Vagrant

yeah I remember him saying that there was a switch back and forth and he never really got into the groove there. I think I also remember him saying he preferred DE and was happy to get back at "his" position in Carolina.

Can anyone else add? I never thought of Tyler as a DT. If he can play it. I instantly feel a little better about the D-line in case of injury.

Pretty sure you're right...

yeah I remember him saying that there was a switch back and forth and he never really got into the groove there. I think I also remember him saying he preferred DE and was happy to get back at "his" position in Carolina.

Can anyone else add? I never thought of Tyler as a DT. If he can play it. I instantly feel a little better about the D-line in case of injury.

Pretty sure you're right...

Yea they moved him around way way too much and he did play DT there and it was his main position. Linky

PRO: Physical, versatile young defender who has played in 79 league games and recorded six sacks in four seasons...Also has one career interception...Became a starter on defense for the Silver and Black as rookie at DE and made the switch to OLB in his second season...Named to the 2003 Pro Football Weekly/Professional Football Writers of America All-Rookie Team.
Then they had him at DT for a couple years.

The Panthers have been moving Brayton to DT on third downs anyway, so what's the big deal? I thought he did pretty well in both positions.

he did..so i dont see the big deal with haveing brayton as a DT just to get all of our best DE on the field at once

he did..so i dont see the big deal with haveing brayton as a DT just to get all of our best DE on the field at once

Yeah, a lot of people fail to see the Dline as a rotation. Having Brown, Brayton, Taylor, Johnson, Kemo, Lewis a couple of the new DTs and the elusive JP if at all possible would give us a very good front line with some added flexibility.

I'm curious to see Meeks approach to the talent on his roster. Some of these guys may not be here come late Aug.

Archived