• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Risers and Fallers

Vagrant

Here is an interesting question that I think could generate some good discussion. Who do you think is going to be the biggest riser on the roster in terms of unexpected contribution and who do you think is going to be the biggest faller in terms of being expected to bring a certain level of play but not reaching it?

I think it would be more interesting to exclude the rookie class because we already have no expectations on them based on having seen them in the NFL because, well, they haven't.

It can be a veteran picking it up or a young player falling off. It doesn't matter.

My picks:

Riser - Tyler Brayton. I think that Meeks will find a way to use him that will benefit him greatly. He is one of the few defensive linemen that has the size to be a three down lineman and he really seems ready to step it up a few notches. He had a quietly strong year for us last season and he should stand to improve. I expect in the area of eight or nine sacks and solid run stopping contribution.

Faller - Richard Marshall. When he first came into the league, I really thought we had a steal with Marshall. However, since then I haven't been sold on his ability to be anything more than a nickle cornerback and I don't think he does anything this year to improve on the bad year he had last season. I think he's in over his head.

How about you guys?

I believe that if Pep leaves, Charles Johnson will be a definite riser, and will rise above Tyler Brayton if Pep stays. OF course, the rookie will have something to say about this. The DE situation aside, I am thinking that Dwayne Jarrett will finally rise because he will be used out of necessity.

Sorry, guys, but I am thinking that Moose (even though he is by all accounts a physical enigma) will begin his decline due to age. If not Moose, then I am thinking that Brayton will become dispensable.

I think a riser in terms of league wide recognition will be Travelle Wharton if he continues to improve like he did last year, i think he could be pro bowl material if we have the same sort of success with our running game.

i think a faller could be Diggs, i think age mite start catching up with him and he's got johnson etc waiting in the wings.

just my two cents

guys if peppers leaves the starting defensive ends are not going to be johnson and brown no matter how much you people fap to the idea of two young, starting, home grown players on the line.

neither johnson or brown can do what tyler can do. the only time the two of them will be on the field at the same time this season will be in august and when the Panthers go into the dime on obvious pass situations.

Riser: Jarrett..he's ready to become the #2 next to Smitty. Third year is traditional breakout year for WR's.

Decliner: Gamble...I think the old Chris Gamble comes back this year after getting his nice contract. He gets me so frustrated, and im worried about our CB's..Damione Lewis might alos be on the decline..

Archived