• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers - Bucs Game Day Thread

CardiacCats

My birthday is on the 15th and I have a feeling a black Cam jersey might be coming my way.

Tomorrow I'll have to decide between Dwill and the Beast. I think Williams will have a strong game but I'm stoked for Beason's first game back...

I'll just be glad to get over KSates ass whooping from today. How embarrassing... And for FL St to be so high... Double whammy. fug a rebuild... I want it meow!

couple of nice writeups for today's game:

https://www.profootb...lina-tampa-bay/

Carolina’s Running Game vs. Tampa Bay’s Run Defense

The Buccaneers’ run defense was atrocious last season. Aside from Secret Superstar Michael Bennett, the other five defensive lineman to play over 300 snaps combined for a -23.6 run defense grade. When their season mercifully ended, they had allowed a league-worst average of 5 yards per carry. This was especially problematic against the Panthers, who rushed for a combined 433 yards and eight TDs (four from Newton). With the addition of the former Charger Tolbert, who scored eight rushing TDs last year, this running attack should only be more dangerous. Tampa may get lucky if Jonathan Stewart–the most elusive running back in the league last year–misses the game with an ankle injury suffered in the preseason, but they will still have their hands full. Will they let the upstart Panthers literally run all over them again?

http://absolutepanth...son-opener.html

LT Donald Penn gave up 9 sacks and 26 hurries last year. LG Carl Nicks, a major expenditure, will provide some push inside. Losing Davin Joseph was a loss for Tampa, but the massively overpaid veteran wasn't playing up to the hype. Jeremy Zuttah is the new, inexperienced center; RG

RT Jeremy Trueblood, his massive wingspan and 6'8 frame creating ideal right tackle size, gave up only 4 sacks last year, but 50 pressures; worst in the league. Likely lining up against Charles Johnson, Trueblood doesn't give up that much on power but is susceptible to double moves and doesn't have good feet.

TB newspaper article on today's game. Most of it is about trying to contain Cam

http://www2.tbo.com/...ulse-ar-486792/

You got the feeling walking around the locker room this week the Bucs were keeping a secret. Truth is, they have been for weeks. They have given little indication what the offense and defense will look like, and that is by design. They want to spring it on everyone and the feeling in the locker room is they're going to spring something unique. One thing is for sure — the players seem excited about the new schemes they're working.

Archived