• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Optimism about our Special Teams

Panthers4lyfe

I love your optimism, but it has yet to translate on the field. Kickoff returns are rarely beyond the 20 yd line and often consider holding more often than not. At this point, I'd rather take the touchback. As far as punt returns go... Pittsburgh handed us our lunch with multiple returns that looked easy. And Joe Adams has yet to prove he can hold onto the ball.

Yes, I see the potential, but I haven't seen the results. Let's hope you're right and our special teams become "special" this year.

Sorry OP. Not buying.

Captain is good for getting down the field fast and overrunning the play. You also mention Senn. He has been one of our most penalized players on ST's.

The jury is out on the guy from San Fran, but we already brought in 4 FA's this offseason, all lauded for their ST abilities. We've all seen the results this preseason.

Like others, I don't think it's the players. I think it's the scheme and how they are being coached. Unless there is a big turnaround, Rivera needs to find a new coordinator this offseason, if not before.

Archived