• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Optimism about our Special Teams

Panthers4lyfe

We just acquired Colin Jones who will be one of our gunners, for the 9ers last year he was repeatedly the 1st one down the field.. Here's a look at a play he made in what at the time was his biggest game of his life: Fast forward to 3:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O2AOr10lII

Other other gunner should be Capt, he's always been one of our best ST players in recent years.. we all know what he can do out there.

Another guy who may be on the list of guys possibly who could be inactive on sundays could be kenny onatolu.. but if he is active he could make an impact on special teams.. he was the best ST player on the vikes which is where our ST coach came from so he knows what he's getting.Heres an 8min video, but gives you an idea of what he can do on ST.

Mike Tolbert, he figures to see a good amount of time on offense but he will also play a role on our ST, hes a solid tackler and heres a look at another option he gives us on ST. a tolbert vid but ST play at 1:10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9kXkyxSV0I&feature=related

We also have Jordan Senn who is a very active guy with a high motor. He'll continue to be a solid special teams player.

Lastly.. We have Joe Adams who will have his fair share of returns for a loss trying to make something happen, but he will also have some jaw dropping returns that could make him a fan favorite. Most have been overlooking the impact he could have on our offense, not that he'll be playing on offense but he will give our offense better field position giving us more scoring opportunities. Won't be starting at the 20 every drive i should say lol. heres a look at what kinda impact he could have for this team.. He had 5 punt returns in 2 years, here is a look at all 5

All in all i think our ST's will be better than last year. in the preseason we didn't get to see all our ST guys on the field all together at one time. this sunday is when it begins to count, so let's stop freaking out about it and wait til the reg season to freak out guys. this team has serious potential and let's give them a chance before we shoot this part of our team down. Go Panthers and i am ready for a fantastic season with HUGE expectations.

You get an A+ for optimism. I like the viewpoint. You get a B+ for using restrained emotion well. Overall, well done.

With how we signed FA's with a bent for ST, Coaches Murphy & Rogers should feel like it's Christmas every day. It'll depend on who will be active on game day.

And for all that will say it is too long, suck it. The vids break it up nicely for our many ADHD members. lol

he was brought in partly because of his ST skills and that was one thing i've heard quite a bit about when he's been discussed. i'm pretty sure he'll be playing STs for us.

I definitely remember all of that talk when he first got signed but, with his role here do you still think they will risk having one of our only three backs gunning on ST's?

Did he do any ST's during the preseason?

Archived