• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Secondary Concerns

TruCatzFan

Even the Lions, with their preceived D-Line dominance, question their own secondary? Every one does. Or at least most teams do?

We are improved. In todays NFL, improvement is a neccessity. We have shown that ability. We just may suprise.

No one is perfect. Yet.

If you cannot see we are improving? I cannot help.

We were terruble two years ago. We were competive last year. We will suprise folks this year. And we will be a force to be reckoned with after that. The improvement is palpable, and it will show itself. Have patience. It is worth the wait.

As an overall team, yes we're improving. We're much better overall than we were two years ago. However, that was due entirely to the dramatic improvement on offense last year with the addition of Cam and Chud. The defense was god awful. Worse than two years ago. A lot worse. Now, injuries definitely played a big role in that, but I still have major concerns about our secondary. My worries about the DL have been eased slightly by adding another veteran DT, but our secondary has to be one of the weakest in the league on paper. Gamble is the only DB we have who would start on most other teams.

So we have a very capable CB in Gamble, and and up and comer in Norman. But we suck? OK.

There are plenty of teams that don't have a number 1, let alone a number 2. Or a 3. We have all three.

Man, you downers get to me. We can improve, but because a precieved weakeness is there, we are doomed. Cool.

I prefer to look at the fact that we have upgraded our roster. Our depth has experience. We are letting go of players with potential to keep players with a proven tack record. We are fighting to make a name or ourselves.

We are better than we were last year at this point. Is that not the goal?

As an overall team, yes we're improving. We're much better overall than we were two years ago. However, that was due entirely to the dramatic improvement on offense last year with the addition of Cam and Chud. The defense was god awful. Worse than two years ago. A lot worse. Now, injuries definitely played a big role in that, but I still have major concerns about our secondary. My worries about the DL have been eased slightly by adding another veteran DT, but our secondary has to be one of the weakest in the league on paper. Gamble is the only DB we have who would start on most other teams.

Where it comes to our secondary. I can see your trepidation. But Norman is the best CB to come our way since Gamble. That alone should ease your discomfort.

Add in Nakimura and his presence alone should aid our secondary. He is a steadying influence. Believe it or not, that is a big adjustment. He is a communicator. Something that was missed last year.

We are better personell wise, is that so hard to phathom?

Sometimes you just have to take that leap of faith. As a life long Lion fan, I am used to that leap. Panther fans are, spoiled. Success at an early age breeds comtempt. We have seen it.

We are better than last year. We are not as good as we will be. In just a few years, we will be the envy of the league. I can wait. Most folks can't.

That is the main crux of this whole thing. Panther fans, for some strange reason, feel they deserve a winner. A franchise in existance this short of time does not deserve a thing. You have to earn it, We are on the verge of something special. Too bad some of you will miss it, because of your bias towards early success.

Get back to me when the Panthers miss the playoffs for 13 straight years. How many of you will still be here if that happens?

You Panther fans with no NFL knowledge. I will wait. I have waited my whole life for this. And you are unhappy after a couple bad years?

Deserve has nothing to do with it. This is a forum to discuss the team. If we refuse to acknowledge any issues and just want to talk about sunshine and rainbows, what's the point?

I'm excited about Norman, but he's an unproven rookie. Nakamura will hopefully suck less than Sherrod Martin. That's about the end of my expectations there. Anything more than that would be a welcome surprise. Our secondary is definitely the weak spot on this team now with the addition of Edwards. Our DL should at least be average now with two decent veteran DTs, and a very good DE in Charles Johnson. I also like our rotational pass rushers. Gambe is a very good CB, but everyone else in our secondary is either unproven or spare parts, despite the smoke the front office and coaching staff continues to try to blow up our collective asses about Charles Godfrey. The guy must be a god in the film room, because both the Fox and Rivera staffs have raved about the guy, I've just never seen anything on the field to back it up.

Deserve has nothing to do with it. This is a forum to discuss the team. If we refuse to acknowledge any issues and just want to talk about sunshine and rainbows, what's the point?

I'm excited about Norman, but he's an unproven rookie. Nakamura will hopefully suck less than Sherrod Martin. That's about the end of my expectations there. Anything more than that would be a welcome surprise. Our secondary is definitely the weak spot on this team now with the addition of Edwards. Our DL should at least be average now with two decent veteran DTs, and a very good DE in Charles Johnson. I also like our rotational pass rushers. Gambe is a very good CB, but everyone else in our secondary is either unproven or spare parts, despite the smoke the front office and coaching staff continues to try to blow up our collective asses about Charles Godfrey. The guy must be a god in the film room, because both the Fox and Rivera staffs have raved about the guy, I've just never seen anything on the field to back it up.

See, that is where we differ. I happen to think Godfrey and Nakimura will make a good team. With Norman and Gamble, that makes a pretty solid back 4 to me.

Depends on a lot of things though. Pass rush, LB coverage, zone or man to man, 4-5 WR pass happy team, 2 WR and 2 TE, or any variation there of.

Munny is a nickleback. That really tickles me. And it makes us better. If we can live with Adams mistakes, we can live with Norman and his. Don't know why, just had to throw that in.

Archived