• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who's more likely to slump?

Who is more likely to have a sophomore slump?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who is more likely to have a sophomore slump?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I would call it a slump but I think Ryan will be scrutinized more.

Not sure if this is fair, but Baltimore is widely viewed as a defensive team with a boring 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. The quarterback is more of an offensive manager whose job is primarily to not make mistakes that could loose the game.

Atlanta on the other hand seems to be viewed as more of an offensive juggernaut with Turner in the backfield. Added to that are Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez which increases the pressure for Ryan to flash.

When it comes down to it, I think Ryan's season goes the way of Michael Turner's. If Turner can do what he did last year, and Power Back Atlanta through the season I look for Ryan to put up better numbers than last year and establish himself firmly in the league.

All that said, I think Ryan has a higher probability to be viewed as "slumping"

It depends on what you define as 'slumping'. Flacco got attention because he was on a good team and he was a rookie QB that didn't play bad whereas Ryan was more of a key factor in the success of his team. I think Ryan will 'slump' a little just because of the harder schedule and defenses will be more prepared for him. But that doesn't mean he'll play bad. I expect a dropoff but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he plays light's out.

Archived