• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Guys signed to the PS

Panthers4lyfe

Hmmm, that's interesting. What's the incentive of adding someone to IR instead of PUP? New "Marquee Player" IR rule notwithstanding (which we could only use to bring back one of these guys anyway), instead of shelving these guys for a year why not just put them on the PUP in case they're ready to go at some point this season? A guy like Ziemba I get, but I would think it's very possible that Poole could play this year (since, y'know, he played a couple nights ago).

Nice find by dpanther69. Wonder what kind of injuries they sustained they would cause them to go on I.R?

If they were put on p.u.p then they have to come back after week 6(meaning someone else gets cut or moved to I.R)

Do they HAVE to though? Didn't TD spend most of the 2010 season on the PUP?

No they don't have to. I answered that wrong. Heres the real answer. In order for players to be put on the "reserve p.u.p." they have to start training camp on the "active p.u.p".

Heres an article from a steelers website that cleared it up for me.

http://www.steelersd...ligible-for-it/

Poole appears on the Panthers.com as a player on IR. So does CB Darius Bulter.

Poole:

Placed on injured reserve with injured ribs by Carolina (9/1/12)...Waived/injured by Carolina (8/31/12)..

Butler:

Placed on injured reserve with a concussion by Carolina (9/1/12)...Waived/injured by Carolina (8/31/12)

No they don't have to. I answered that wrong. Heres the real answer. In order for players to be put on the "reserve p.u.p." they have to start training camp on the "active p.u.p".

Heres an article from a steelers website that cleared it up for me.

http://www.steelersd...ligible-for-it/

Nice, thanks. Makes sense that Gettis would be on the "Active" PUP, and it looks like if he can't go by Week 8 then he'll essentially be I.R.'ed.

So Butler and Poole are on IR?

If so, that is a clear case of stashing players, something Hurney has done before, because neither one of those injuries are even close to season ending.

Are you complaining? Keep the talent however you can and keep building for the future. It's nice to know Hurney is willing to bend the rules to do so. Nothing wrong with that.

Archived