• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

By the end of 2008, who do you think was the Panthers' best defensive end?

Fiz

I like Brayton and when everyone was questioning him coming here I was the one which discussed his great combine results, quickness and strength when he was drafted as a first rounder. He had a good year and was very stout against the run. But as far as being a complete DE Johnson was better by the end of the season and neither of them are close to Peppers in ability or production. Both of them benefitted from Peppers being on the right side.

Spin it how you want but it isn't even close.

I like Brayton and when everyone was questioning him coming here I was the one which discussed his great combine results, quickness and strength when he was drafted as a first rounder. He had a good year and was very stout against the run. But as far as being a complete DE Johnson was better by the end of the season and neither of them are close to Peppers in ability or production. Both of them benefitted from Peppers being on the right side.

Spin it how you want but it isn't even close.

Indeed. When Teams have to actually choose who to double team, then I'll give Brayton all the props he wants. He's not explosive, but he's still a good player. Hopefully he can turn his career around with us after the Raiders misused him. I'm not ready for him to step into a full starter role yet though.

julius peppers isn't being double teamed and teams aren't doing anything obvious that indicates they're scheming against him.

brayton is a football player and was incredibly disruptive by the end of the year.

I don't agree that he was our best DE, but Peppers doesn't get as many DT as people say he does. Does he get a few of them, yea but I saw a few games where he was manhandled one on one. I think Johnson was probably the best overall De we had at the end of the year if you factor in heart as well.

julius peppers isn't being double teamed and teams aren't doing anything obvious that indicates they're scheming against him.

brayton is a football player and was incredibly disruptive by the end of the year.

so this post was for real..you do think he was the best DE...lol :eek:

BTW all of you that complain about peppers age you all realize brayton is the same age..and is just geting back to a DE..

I Didn't mention peppers are all. (I guess I implied it though since I quoted p55)

But yeah, I still don't think Tyler's the best.

As for peppers, around 80% (made up stat) of his sacks were opportunistic sacks. I think Charles Johnson is better at this point.

Johnson and Brown in 2010. You heard it here first. Brayton could replace Dlew though. DLew doesn't really help much with the run. At least Brayton could bring pass rush and his hustle to the ball.

Archived