• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smith & Poole both cut :-(

TruCatzFan

I know that we're stacked...believe me I get it... But I really felt like one of these guys should have been retained. I'm kind of shocked to be honest.

Post your percentages of the likelihood that one or both of them clear waivers...

I say 0% unfortunately.

I sure as hell hope that we stay healthy back there.

I think both make it through. RB will probably be one of the best positions to pick from after cuts. I won't be shocked if one gets picked up, but I think its unlikely. One will probably get put on the practice squad. Since both did pretty well running the ball could be whichever one they think can be the best special teamer.

Putting one of those RBs on the roster would be a wasted spot....just like Clausen is. So you wanted them to waste a spot bc you hate they waste a spot?

Smith did a lot of Kick Off returning in the preseason. What he is "officially" listed as is irrelevant. He's not LOCKED into one position only like Clausen is.

This "loyalty" instead of "logic" crap is getting on my nerves. There's no way Clausen adds more value to this team than Smith would have.

Ok so, we give DWill and Stew a breather so Tolbert can run...Ok, so Brockel comes in at FB. Can you make it any more obvious who is getting the ball?

lol...

Williams, Stewart and Tolbert don't need another....It isn't a power run game where we need be worried about giving our #3 RB help.

Only so many touches....we have 4 freaking runners ahead of those 2 cut.

Why don't you petition for Fox to come back

nota bene: poole's release comes with an injury settlement (aka moving on) and has been confirmed, while smith's has not been confirmed by the panthers' FO. i sense that means smith is a practice squad target and for all intents and purposes has been chosen ahead of poole to continue on in the panthers org.

lol...

Williams, Stewart and Tolbert don't need another....It isn't a power run game where we need be worried about giving our #3 RB help.

Please name the 4th runner....

lol...

And it's not about "getting our #3 RB help". It's about being obvious what play you're gonna call when you see Brockel and Tolbert lined up in the backfield.

Please name the 4th runner....

Cam Newton

DeAngelo

Stewart

Tolbert

4 runners ahead of those 2 cut. We don't need to waste the spot on a 5th running option. That is crazy. And yes, Newton counts as a runner....

And it's not about "getting our #3 RB help". It's about being obvious what play you're gonna call when you see Brockel and Tolbert lined up in the backfield.

LOL.

You want to waste a roster spot you are worried we will have to start Tolbert at RB and ask Brokel

to play FB? Seriously?

Newton and Tolbert would be fine with no FB if heaven forbid it came to down to that.

Archived