• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Happy Birthday Steve Smith!

Steve Smith is an incredible athlete and competitor. He may very well surprise people at how long he can remain an elite receiver...

I would agree.. The older he gets the harder he is going to work... We all know age is going to just be another chip on his shoulder. Moose is how old and still looks great? Didn't he outrun some KC defenders this past year? Joey Galloway is 38 now and up until last year never lost a step. (and I only say up until last year because I didn't follow him at all)

In the next couple of years, Smitty may not be as fast as he was, let's say, in 2005. But it's just as likely that he will still be just as fast.

With that said, and as all positions go, I'd love to see us try to get someone to take that step up when the time comes.

I would agree.. The older he gets the harder he is going to work... We all know age is going to just be another chip on his shoulder. Moose is how old and still looks great? Didn't he outrun some KC defenders this past year? Joey Galloway is 38 now and up until last year never lost a step. (and I only say up until last year because I didn't follow him at all)

In the next couple of years, Smitty may not be as fast as he was, let's say, in 2005. But it's just as likely that he will still be just as fast.

With that said, and as all positions go, I'd love to see us try to get someone to take that step up when the time comes.

Smitty's calves are bigger than my thighs. I think that's where he gets those hops from. The man is a physical specimen, to say the least.

You must have some skinny ass thighs Mintal :D

I wouldn't bet against Smith to play at a high level into his mid 30's. The guy has pretty much destroyed any limitations ever put on him. I wonder what those scouts are saying now, that said he'd never be more than a punt returner in the NFL.

Steve Smith has requested a trade:

His agent released in a press conference, "Steve Smith has requested a trade or release because he feels he has reached his potential in Carolina. He wants a new challenge and feels he can do that in another system. He seeks the oppurtunity to play in a wildcat style offense. He has released to the Panthers a list of four teams he will play for. Thank you." Three teams are in the NFC and one in the AFC. The Cowboys have been recognized as one of the NFC teams.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=JUST---------KIDDING-----------bde&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

You must have some skinny ass thighs Mintal :D

I wouldn't bet against Smith to play at a high level into his mid 30's. The guy has pretty much destroyed any limitations ever put on him. I wonder what those scouts are saying now, that said he'd never be more than a punt returner in the NFL.

Have you ever noticed his calf muscles? They're amazing, (I normally don't scope out guys, but it's obvious with Smitty). In contrast, Jarrett's calf muscles are about the size of my wrists...

I also believe smitty will play at a high level for at least five more years. I mean, the guy is always going to be able to jump to the moon, and i dont see him losing that competitive edge that is one of his greatest assets......on the other hand, Moose is getting old and i hope that Jarrett really steps it up this year and shows everyone that he is legit......I don't think Moose has more than two years left as a starter caliber reciever, so it will be really important for Jarrett to take the next step

Archived