• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Rule

Panthers4lyfe

I had never heard of it until now. I'm sure once Rooney put the screws down on the NFLPA it was pushed through.

I don't keep track of the NFL legal rules competition NFLPA committee. Don't care.

I do care about getting a cheap shot in on the Steelers whenever possible, however.

...It's not on the owners to push it through. They approved it in May: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8294260c/article/owners-vote-on-trade-deadline-pads-new-ir-rules-for-2013

It was on the NFLPA to agree to it.

Seriously guys, let's stop with the conspiracy theories.

...It's not on the owners to push it through. They approved it in May: http://www.nfl.com/n...-rules-for-2013

It was on the NFLPA to agree to it.

Seriously guys, let's stop with the conspiracy theories.

yep. i remember when the owners approved it. i thought it was already a done deal. surprised it took this long for the NFLPA to agree to it.

btw...trade deadline also got pushed back a bit from week 6 to week 8

In a surprise move, the NFL Players’ Association has agreed to the NFL’s request that the trade deadline be moved back from Week Six to Week Eight, and that one player per team can return to the field later in the season after being placed on injured reserve.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the players’ union agreed to the rules changes today, just a week after the union was saying no deal because the league was trying to tie those rules to changes in the rules about padded practices. It’s unclear for now how the union and the NFL were able to find common ground on the issue.

The change means that the trade deadline will now be the Tuesday after the Week Eight games, instead of the Tuesday after the Week Six games. That could be great news for teams that suffer an injury to a key player in Week Seven or Week Eight and need to trade for a player to replace him. Detractors of the rules change have suggested it could encourage bad teams to give up on the season and trade away their best players for draft picks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/30/nflpa-agrees-to-later-trade-deadline-injured-reserve-exception/

Did not know about this rule.... Had heard the rumors about it, but didn't know that it was officially agreed to. Sucks that we jumped the gun on Hogan... But I have to believe that the coaching staff already had this info at their disposal prior to making such a big decision. I think they knew that he would not be ready to play at all this year due to his previous injury. Oh well, We'll roll with what we got... I trust the staff to do its job. I'm not worried. I had hoped at Hogan would heal and become a beast, but if he doesn't ( and he won't this year) then oh well. I hope this is the last we hear about Hogan this year. Dude is officially dead to me since he's on IR.

Following the cutdown to 53 players, the new Reserve/Injured rule will work as follows:

1. Only players with a “major injury” who are placed on Reserve/Injured after 4:00 p.m., New York time, on Tuesday, September 4, or thereafter during the season, will be eligible to be reactivated at a later time.

2. A “major injury” is defined as an injury that renders the player unable to practice or play football for at least six weeks (42 calendar days) from the date of injury.

3. Each team may reactivate only one player placed on Reserve/Injured after 4:00 p.m., New York time, on Tuesday, September 4. That player must be “designated for return” at the time the club places him on Reserve/Injured, and such designation shall appear on that day’s Personnel Notice.

4. Such player is eligible to return to practice if he has been on Reserve/Injured for at least six weeks from the date he is placed on Reserve. He is eligible to return to the Active List if he has been on Reserve/Injured for at least eight weeks from the date he is placed on Reserve.

http://sulia.com/source/S-6725031/?source=twitter&guid=2adc2bf1-fd97-4f89-af6d-6d7c704271bf

Archived